Driving instructor - Megathread

my son turns 17 in aug an wanted to get him driving lessons for his birthday, we live in sheff 8 , any reccomendations think he will pick it up pretty quick an be a good driver just like his mum lol !!!

melvins my partner just passed 1st time with him my sister passed 1st time and so did i he as got a second to none pass rate 19 pound a lesson

Our beginners course is £75 for the first 5 hours then it's £21 per hour for Forum members. Further discounts available for block bookings.

Have a look at the website. We come well recommended by other Forum members, having taught dozens over the years

Will recommend Horizon, my hubby passed with them, and with

our youngest son being 17 this year, we will choose them again

couldnt agree more they are brilliant my son passed first time with sandra :)

Mod note: Threads merged.

Just a quick note to say that I would highly recommend Horizon. Allan is great and I passed first time.

Would say the same. 7 months on I still love driving and thank god I went with Allan

..just had my first lesson with bill plant and i have to say twas brilliant!!

Drove for about 40 minutes out of a 1 hour lesson, stopping and setting off along a long road, pulling up to kerb. was really good and the instructor is very professional, helpful, we have a laugh and isnt stroppy. he said brilliant first lesson.

I highly recommend bill plant. although a lot of companies can have a couple of bad, stroppy instructors..maybe i fell lucky. :surprised

oh and quite cheap aswell..first lesson free, then 14 quid for next four then 20.95 a lesson.

Hello. I want to start learnig to drive but im not sure whos the best to go with. Has anyone got any recomendations?

Thank you.

MLK was great for me :)