Parent and Child Parking Spaces

Only one problem with what that letter writer says though, in a car park you are on private land so you must abide by their rules, including rules over P&C parking. If they say you must stand on one leg and go "Whoo-hoo" after parking your car then you must ;)

To me, there's no issue. Leave the spaces alone unless you have a right to use them, and if you're bothered about getting your car scratched, park at the back of the carpark or just take up two spaces. And never park in John Lewis in town! ;)

Wasn't the thread started by someone wanting legislation to protect P&C spaces though? In which context the comments about no special rights to them become more sensible.

Do these people get on your nerves? yesterday i went to crystal peaks retail park, outside Argos there is a bay for 3 disabled holders and 1 parent/toddler bay, so as i went to pull in this disabled driver in front pulled into the parent and toddler, even though there was nobody else in disabled bays, i asked him to shift his car as he didnt have children, then today at peaks all the disabled bays were full so because it was raining they all parked in the parent and toddler bay, i think there was 16 parent and toddler bays and 11 cars had blue badges with no car seats

Do they not realise that these bays are needed for parents as they offer room to put up/down your buggy and get your children in safely or is it just ignorance?

I think that in terms of priorities for parking a disabled badge holder is further up than a parent and toddler. Asking a disabled person to move is about as mean as it can get on the parking front IMO.

I think that in terms of priorities for parking a disabled badge holder is further up than a parent and toddler. Asking a disabled person to move is about as mean as it can get on the parking front IMO.

there was a parking bay is had 4 spaces 3 for the 'disabled' holders 1 for parent and toddler they were all empty, so he could have chosen any of them 3 but chose to park in parent and toddler so why shouldnt i ask him to move? there were 3 bays for him but he chose one that is specific to parents

Until the invention of specific parking spaces, people still managed to park and the world continued to turn. :rolleyes:

there was a parking bay is had 4 spaces 3 for the 'disabled' holders 1 for parent and toddler they were all empty, so he could have chosen any of them 3 but chose to park in parent and toddler so why shouldnt i ask him to move? there were 3 bays for him but he chose one that is specific to parents
Perhaps he mixed them up. He ought to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe when this driver pulled into the parking area, the disabled bays were full?

and, I would guess (from personal experience) that the disabled bays would have been filled with mainly non-blue-badge holders, or 19 year old Jimmy in his souped-up Nova, using great-aunt aggie's blue badge...?

Maybe he was blind?

nah this was at 9 am? you pull up to the bay there was nobody there thats why it annoyed me so much

nah this was at 9 am? you pull up to the bay there was nobody there thats why it annoyed me so much
Don't worry about it, just think yourself lucky you don't have a badge.

if it was 9am then the car park was probably quite empty anyway so you could have easily parked and had plenty of room to get the kids(if they were with you) out of the car!

I have never used parent and child parking bays as i find driving to get one they are always full and to be fair its easy enough to get a child out of a car without it! i

Children were with me if i was only gonna be there for a short time then i would have parked elsewhere but i was gonna be there a while and had double buggy with me so needed the extra room, if you have cars either side you cant get double buggy down the side of car so have to leave it in road which i dont like doing