Parent and Child Parking Spaces

I park at the opposite side of the car park as well, but that's because ignorant people will damage your car because they can't open a door carefully.

I park at the opposite side of the car park as well, but that's because ignorant people will damage your car because they can't open a door carefully.

Thats the point, why wedge yourself in a stupidly small space when theres half a car park empty.

It really does epitomise extreme laziness to me.

Actually, I agree...Tesco's on Abbeydale Road has a whole area specifically for Parent/Child spaces...it's round the corner, people shouldn't be driving around in it unless they have kids in their car (so should be more careful, hmmm), it isn't directly in front of the doors, but is convenient enough and close enough to be fairly safe should your toddler escape and run for the shop.

So people shoudn't even be DRIVING in that area now? Please get a grip on reality.

Oh, and if you or one of your brood do happen to damage somebodys car as you mentioned is possible in an earlier post, please be gallant enough to leave your details so you can pay for the damage.

my only reason for parents/infants/buggies spaces is to stop the blighter parking next to me & scratching my car 'cos they're usually that disorgainsed.

i dont think they should be categorically be next to the doors - unlike disabled space.

Sums it up for me.

Why? Because it's surprisingly easy to drop a baby on it's head when you're carrying it, its pushchair, a shed-load of shopping and trying to stop the car door from blowing off in bad weather!
So, organised yourself. Leave the sprog in the pushchair until you’ve opened a door, and you’ll be less likely to drop it.

Besides, that child will be paying your pension one day, having been brought up at its parent's expense.
At our expense – remember your family tax credits are taken from everybody’s taxes just because you choose to breed.

Is there anyone on here that works for Meadowhall security that maintain the right people use parent/baby or disables places for that matter?

Reason i'm asking is earlier today i was looking for a parking spot for a considerable amount of time with the rain lashing down and had to park at the other end of the CP, just thought it must be busy with families but after walking past 2 cars pulling out of a child/parent spot.. one with a 20ish yr old woman ALONE and the other a middle aged man ALONE i was lets say cheesed of that i got soaked getting my baby out of the car putting her in the pram and struggling from the other side of the CP in a rain storm!

If you lot are reading this it's a joke that your not controlling this and it's no wonder people are abusing the system!

Why designate Child places in the first place?

Yea its really annoying, some people are so inconsiderate.

Contact meadowhall and see if they have a system in place, if not they should get something sorted.

Tel: 256 8800

Email: [email protected]

Even when my first was little I wasn't too bothered about using these spaces, because the extra walking over to the shop was always beneficial to myself.. but this time around have been known to 'misuse' the spaces occassionly in some areas because I am so heavily pregnant and have had too many occassions recently where I have had to (a) get in the car from the passengers side or (b) switch driving with my husband because he can get in the drivers side and I can't, because some idiot who has to be a size 0 or less has parked far too closely to the drivers side :(

Yea its really annoying, some people are so inconsiderate.

Contact meadowhall and see if they have a system in place, if not they should get something sorted.

Tel: 256 8800

Email: [email protected]

Thank you e-mail sent, will up date you with the reply.

Another rant from me while I'm on my soap box tonight!

In Morrisons car park yesterday in the pouring down rain with my new born son. I obviously wanted to find a car parking space as close to the entrance as possible so my little boy didnt get wet and cold. Well, I was just about to pull into a aparent and child space when a man in a blue BMW pulled straight in front of me and into the parent and child space. I was mad that he pulled in front of me to take the space I was going to pull into. But I was livid when he jumped out of his car and ran into Morrisons...no child!

Well I think this was discusting, along with people who have 'grown up' children that use these spaces like my partners ex, her kids are 11 and 14 and she still uses the parent and child parking!! :rant::rant:

u should've parked right behind and just strolled into the store.

your not breaking any laws if u do this.