Parent and Child Parking Spaces

I think that in terms of priorities for parking a disabled badge holder is further up than a parent and toddler. Asking a disabled person to move is about as mean as it can get on the parking front IMO.

If you read the post you will notice that the disabled person parked in a parent/toddler bay even when there were available allocated disabled bays....

Tbh, disabled badge holders are a complete menace to the roads, they park wherever they feel fit regardless of what mayhem it may cause to other road users, for example....people are quick to critasize vans and lorries for blocking roads while on delivery, unfortunately so often is the case that the van/truck cannot park in the allocated delivery only space due to a disabled badge holder parking in said space, this happens to me alot, fortunately the nice traffic wardens are fighting back against these menaces and ticketing them for illegal parking.

The disable badge is to permit holders to park in allocated disabled bays and on double yellow lines for a SHORT (10 mins i believe) time only, also it should be noted by holders that these badges DO NOT automatically provide exemption from any parking fees, a relative was fined for parking in a disabled bay without paying in a council owned car park.

The points raised are not a bash at badge holders personally, more so at the authorities that issue them, they are handed out now willy nilly and without adequate information to the holders on how to use them appropriately.

The disable badge is to permit holders to park in allocated disabled bays and on double yellow lines for a SHORT (10 mins i believe) time only, also it should be noted by holders that these badges DO NOT automatically provide exemption from any parking fees, a relative was fined for parking in a disabled bay without paying in a council owned car park.

Must say this is so true. I worked in a private car park at football games and so many disabled drivers would give me abuse because they were still charged for parking! I also found that most of them actually did not require a disabled space and were quite capable of walking or getting out of the car!

If you read the post you will notice that the disabled person parked in a parent/toddler bay even when there were available allocated disabled bays....

Tbh, disabled badge holders are a complete menace to the roads, they park wherever they feel fit regardless of what mayhem it may cause to other road users, for example....people are quick to critasize vans and lorries for blocking roads while on delivery, unfortunately so often is the case that the van/truck cannot park in the allocated delivery only space due to a disabled badge holder parking in said space, this happens to me alot, fortunately the nice traffic wardens are fighting back against these menaces and ticketing them for illegal parking.

The points raised are not a bash at badge holders personally, more so at the authorities that issue them, they are handed out now willy nilly and without adequate information to the holders on how to use them appropriately.

I'm not talking about disabed parking in general, I have other views of that, I am talking of this particular "incident" where I think OP (who isn't now that the thread has bizarrely been merged with a 2 year old thread!) is being a bit tight. We have all had to deal with toddlers and parking, it's no big deal.

That is not true at all. Maybe you should read what you type before you post it and actually consider what you are saying before you shove everyone into the same catergory.

As for parent and child spaces, it's quite simple if you have small children and have a buggy to get out of the car and shopping to get in then yes you should have allocated spaces to make this a far easier and more importantly much safer process. If you don't have small children then don't be a selfish git by parking in one.

Children were with me if i was only gonna be there for a short time then i would have parked elsewhere but i was gonna be there a while and had double buggy with me so needed the extra room, if you have cars either side you cant get double buggy down the side of car so have to leave it in road which i dont like doing

Tip - next time park over two spaces so that you can get your pram in and doors open. It's not a problem in supermarket car parks. :thumbsup:

as I said in post 189, above,

it could be the case that, at the time the driver in question parked up, the disabled- designated spaces were full, and they couldn't get their car parked up in there?

I have never used parent and child parking bays as i find driving to get one they are always full and to be fair its easy enough to get a child out of a car without it! i

Are you asking to be hung drawn and quarted? :D

I was driving round and the Asda car park the other week and couldnt find a space I must have drove round 4 times, a family space came available so I jumped in then I started getting a mouthful of a woman who..a..had just entered the car park and b..her child consisted of a young lad about 13/14 y.o,I suffer badly with Arthritis in my knees and Im sure the child finds it very much easier to walk a distance than I do,I just left my car where it was and smiled at her choice Anglo Saxon superlatives,tell you what she was certainly no lady.

That is not true at all. Maybe you should read what you type before you post it and actually consider what you are saying before you shove everyone into the same catergory.

As for parent and child spaces, it's quite simple if you have small children and have a buggy to get out of the car and shopping to get in then yes you should have allocated spaces to make this a far easier and more importantly much safer process. If you don't have small children then don't be a selfish git by parking in one.

I do read what i type before i post it, but i will amend your bold......

The majority of disabled badge holders are a complete menace to the roads, they park wherever they feel fit regardless of what mayhem it may cause to other road users.

Satisfied now not all disabled badge holders are not tarred with the same brush?

And on your comment about parent child spaces as you obviously didnt read my post correctly......i did not have a go at parent/child parking spaces and in answer to your question, yes i do have small children and i choose to park away from those bays to allow single ladies with small children whom may otherwise struggle with kids and shopping from the other end of the car park, and i do this because i am both a gentleman and a considerate motorist.

Do you have a pipe? if so, do feel free to shove that in there and smoke it. :)

I was driving round and the Asda car park the other week and couldnt find a space I must have drove round 4 times, a family space came available so I jumped in then I started getting a mouthful of a woman who..a..had just entered the car park and b..her child consisted of a young lad about 13/14 y.o,I suffer badly with Arthritis in my knees and Im sure the child finds it very much easier to walk a distance than I do,I just left my car where it was and smiled at her choice Anglo Saxon superlatives,tell you what she was certainly no lady.

There you go, there's another one.

People like you are a disgrace, its just lazyness just like the people with blue badges today at crystal peaks, because it was raining they were parking on double yellow lines and running into peaks

People like you are a disgrace, its just lazyness just like the people with blue badges today at crystal peaks, because it was raining they were parking on double yellow lines and running into peaks

I like it, says it all really. :hihi: