What's Not To Like About The Banker's Draft?

mart

It’s about two years since I was in The Bankers Draft. I use to go upstairs, I don’t think it was as bad as downstairs. The staff were always run off there feet.  Some staff were more talkative than others but I’ve never found any of them who were bad mannered. 

I don’t think Wetherspoons is bad if you are on a budget.  I’m not a beer drinker but there seems to be a large selection and very reasonabley priced, I suppose it’s because they are not owned by a brewery so they can shop around.   Last week I paid £3.75 for a small lime and lemon in Harry’s Bar In Newcastle, it would be less than half of that in Wetherspoons and a bigger glass.

In the Newcastle area there are some nice Wetherspoons and some not so nice. 

They do well with their breakfast menu and unlimited coffee and tea in the mornings.  Especially the ones up here near the coast. 

I bet it’s a lot cheaper to get drunk in Wetherspoons than Padder’s Bar. 

Edited by hauxwell

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I bet it’s a lot cheaper to get drunk in Wetherspoons than Padder’s Bar. 

"Padders Bar" is very reasonable, in fact were very cheap.

We don't have overheads like the city pubs.

Sambuca cocktails are £3-80. and most of our beers and lagers are around the £2-80 mark.

Our clientele is well vetted, and we don't allow riff raff (ie. Presley and Hackey)

We also have a secluded section in the beer garden where after bird "activities" take place.

Lick that!

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It badly needs a refurb

It hasn't had a lick of paint since it opened over 20 years ago

The wallpaper is yellow, the paint is peeling and none of the chairs match

No mention of the beer. 

No mention of the prices.

or the friendly customers.

What did you do then you miserable old sod -   went back home and watched the local traffic lights changing as it  cost nowt . What makes you happy , an open grave( 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Padders said:

"Padders Bar" is very reasonable, in fact were very cheap.

We don't have overheads like the city pubs.

Sambuca cocktails are £3-80. and most of our beers and lagers are around the £2-80 mark.

Our clientele is well vetted, and we don't allow riff raff (ie. Presley and Hackey)

We also have a secluded section in the beer garden where after bird "activities" take place.

Lick that!

Apologies Padders. Someone has been spreading nasty rumours about the cost of drink’s in Padder’s Bar.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

If you want to drink in an atmosphere where most people in the place are off their heads and don't know what day it is the Bankers is for you.......................................at 10am in a morning 😀

I mean, this is just a lazy stereotype. Every time I have been in there its absolutely fine.

• Like 1

If you want to drink in an atmosphere where most people in the place are off their heads and don't know what day it is the go to dozens of pubs at 10pm where you will find some regulars pouring beer down their necks before last orders.

I will be staying at a Wetherspoon in a few weeks. The 16th century building is bang in the middle of a market town and is busy from 8am with traders, shift workers and locals going about their business, having breakfast and a some do have an alcoholic drink because they want to (if they have to then they will be at home). On the continent is is common for people to go bars first thing and meet up , catch up, do business and socialize and in many places drinking in bars in the evening is socially unacceptable as you should be at home with your family. 

Where I am staying it was open for food, lodging and drink all day every day for three hundred years until the religious surpressionists jumped on the Great War restrictions.

Unlike many pubs there are plenty of staff who are efficient mostly full time professionals and their is always a manager around and there are plenty of people around. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

If you want to drink in an atmosphere where most people in the place are off their heads and don't know what day it is the go to dozens of pubs at 10pm where you will find some regulars pouring beer down their necks before last orders.

I will be staying at a Wetherspoon in a few weeks. The 16th century building is bang in the middle of a market town and is busy from 8am with traders, shift workers and locals going about their business, having breakfast and a some do have an alcoholic drink because they want to (if they have to then they will be at home). On the continent is is common for people to go bars first thing and meet up , catch up, do business and socialize and in many places drinking in bars in the evening is socially unacceptable as you should be at home with your family. 

Where I am staying it was open for food, lodging and drink all day every day for three hundred years until the religious surpressionists jumped on the Great War restrictions.

Unlike many pubs there are plenty of staff who are efficient mostly full time professionals and their is always a manager around and there are plenty of people around. 

I’m wondering if you are staying at the Wetherspoons hotel, The Three Tuns, in Thirsk. If so it’s a nice Wetherspoons pub. I’ve been in it a few times but never stayed overnight although I was tempted to stay.  They have limited parking spaces at the back of the hotel for people who are staying in the hotel.