What's Not To Like About The Banker's Draft?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

No music , its just wide open .  Its the new one near Beighton .

Don't know it - not an area I know/visit, but the 'new' ones all seem to be that format, which I agree is not the best.

I like The Bankers Draft because it has character. When you walk in it has atmosphere which some pubs don’t. The Bessemer is the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pattricia said:

I like The Bankers Draft because it has character. When you walk in it has atmosphere which some pubs don’t. The Bessemer is the same.

And  some 'characters' I'd prefer to avoid. 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

And  some 'characters' I'd prefer to avoid. 😉

Such as ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Such as ?

Not you 😄. But some of the habitual drunks you see around - or used to, don't know if they are still there as I don't go near there these days.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

You must live in a rough area  - apart from Bankers, the 'spoons I've been in have all been reasonable - although some do overdo the 'music' a bit.

Which ones have music?

Just now, Jim Hardie said:

Which ones have music?

Maybe not in Sheffield, but I have heard it when I've been in them in other places - can't be more specific, sorry, as I travel around quite a bit and use them as places to eat if I want a quick(ish) meal.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Maybe not in Sheffield, but I have heard it when I've been in them in other places - can't be more specific, sorry, as I travel around quite a bit and use them as places to eat if I want a quick(ish) meal.

"Padders Bar" does a cheap Cheesy Puff salad.

Call in if your passing.

It’s about two years since I was in The Bankers Draft. I use to go upstairs, I don’t think it was as bad as downstairs. The staff were always run off there feet.  Some staff were more talkative than others but I’ve never found any of them who were bad mannered. 

I don’t think Wetherspoons is bad if you are on a budget.  I’m not a beer drinker but there seems to be a large selection and very reasonabley priced, I suppose it’s because they are not owned by a brewery so they can shop around.   Last week I paid £3.75 for a small lime and lemon in Harry’s Bar In Newcastle, it would be less than half of that in Wetherspoons and a bigger glass.

In the Newcastle area there are some nice Wetherspoons and some not so nice. 

They do well with their breakfast menu and unlimited coffee and tea in the mornings.  Especially the ones up here near the coast. 

I bet it’s a lot cheaper to get drunk in Wetherspoons than Padder’s Bar. 

Edited by hauxwell

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

"Padders Bar" does a cheap Cheesy Puff salad.

Call in if your passing.

Years since I've been around S5 - usually in the Forty Foot, back then. 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I bet it’s a lot cheaper to get drunk in Wetherspoons than Padder’s Bar. 

"Padders Bar" is very reasonable, in fact were very cheap.

We don't have overheads like the city pubs.

Sambuca cocktails are £3-80. and most of our beers and lagers are around the £2-80 mark.

Our clientele is well vetted, and we don't allow riff raff (ie. Presley and Hackey)

We also have a secluded section in the beer garden where after bird "activities" take place.

Lick that!

If you want to drink in an atmosphere where most people in the place are off their heads and don't know what day it is the Bankers is for you.......................................at 10am in a morning 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1