Humble Spud (Moor)

Just seen this on Facebook.

Bad news I'm afraid.
Starting in the new year I will only be trading on the Moor on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
This is because the new owners of The Moor, New River do not want the market on the precinct. Apparently we're not in keeping with the high class retail environment they've created. They have no choice in having us there 3 days due to the market charter.
The market department are working towards re-siting us at Moorfoot, near the burger van, International Salon, Just Cuts etc. for Monday to Wednesday, however there is currently no electricity. Once power has been sourced I'll be there, along with all the other traders.

• Like 1

Did notice the other day he was getting round the ban on fees for card payments by offering a slight discount for cash payments. 

Meh. That entire row of market stalls down near Atkinsons looks naff anyway.

The end down near Moorfoot is atrocious compared to the rest of the Moor now.

Edited by HeHasRisen

45 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Did notice the other day he was getting round the ban on fees for card payments by offering a slight discount for cash payments. 

Meh. That entire row of market stalls down near Atkinsons looks naff anyway.

The end down near Moorfoot is atrocious compared to the rest of the Moor now.

Good job there's reasonably priced carparking nearby 🤣.

:blush:  :blush: Sorry Lord I just couldn't resist :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

What's wrong with market stalls? They add a bit of colour to the street.

I would love to know who 'New River' are who apparently own the Moor.

I always thought it would be the council.

Not sure but I think Scottish Widows owned it before . How a private company can own part of a city , who knows 

Because it was 'sold off' over twenty  years ago so that private investment could pay for its revamp. Scottish Widows, Aberdeen Investments and several other have been involved with it over the years, they own most of the buildings along there anyway.