South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

45 minutes ago, northernboy said:

That’s £2.50 until November 2024 by the way, not just for one month

My bad. Misread it 

24 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

We want the Council to take over our bus service,as First & Stagecoach have not really done much to Improve the Bus Service,Reliabilty as  not been  Improved at All,That is why there are so many cars on the roads now days

Do you not remember the Tree-felling and more recent, container debacles?

I gaurantee if the council take over operations of buses that it will worsen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1295galaxy said:

We want the Council to take over our bus service,as First & Stagecoach have not really done much to Improve the Bus Service,Reliabilty as  not been  Improved at All,That is why there are so many cars on the roads now days

Do you understand what timing points are yet?  And who is "we"? 

Off you scuttle back to the football threads. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Good grief, I wouldn't trust SCC to run a bath, let alone a bus service. Be very careful what you wish for haha. It's the council who thought it would be a good idea to close Leopold Street off for buses and introduced this ridiculous CAZ scheme, which is why First and TM Travel are having to scramble around for buses that meet the 'requirements'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Good grief, I wouldn't trust SCC to run a bath, let alone a bus service. Be very careful what you wish for haha. It's the council who thought it would be a good idea to close Leopold Street off for buses and introduced this ridiculous CAZ scheme, which is why First and TM Travel are having to scramble around for buses that meet the 'requirements'.

First and TM must be livid that the CAZ was sprung on them at the last minute.

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

First have complied with appropriate vehicles since day one of the LEZ, no scrambling around was required or done. 
TM is a very different story and are still a long way from compliant. For example some of the new(to them) hybrid buses they bought have been modified and run on diesel all the time .........., many older ones are still in daily use.

5 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

First and Stagecoach are doing the best they can DESPITE  the efforts of the council and their alter ego SYMCA

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

First have complied with appropriate vehicles since day one of the LEZ, no scrambling around was required or done. 
TM is a very different story and are still a long way from compliant. For example some of the new(to them) hybrid buses they bought have been modified and run on diesel all the time .........., many older ones are still in daily use.

The TM buses I’ve been on , 8 and 8a , are old and stink of old oil/ diesel 

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Cut buses and withdraw services, but don't worry we will keep fares lower for you to use. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound!

Treat the driver better and they might stay. And  I mean the public should treat them better not the companies. The public are getting the service the public deserve, if they dont like it, change their behaviour. ( I wont hold my breath).

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The TM buses I’ve been on , 8 and 8a , are old and stink of old oil/ diesel 

You wouldn't have liked the buses to and from Castleton in the late 1990s, musty brown big seats, smoke from the engine visible inside and a strong damp smell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You wouldn't have liked the buses to and from Castleton in the late 1990s, musty brown big seats, smoke from the engine visible inside and a strong damp smell.

If you are only 28, you must gave an amazing memory if you can remember that era.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

If you are only 28, you must gave an amazing memory if you can remember that era.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Must be a very very clever toddler given it wasn't born until 1995.

Funny that the "28 year old" poster seems to remember all about how long C&A has been shut down when they would have been only five at the time and on another thread even comments how lively Fargate was after the repaving work in 97 when they'd be only two years old. 

Hmmmm.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2