South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

8 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Treat the driver better and they might stay. And  I mean the public should treat them better not the companies. The public are getting the service the public deserve, if they dont like it, change their behaviour. ( I wont hold my breath).

Edited by HumbleNarrator

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I think the buses I use are a lot older than that 

The oldest buses in regular use in South Yorkshire by any operator are roughly 2005. Give or take a year, no more.

My wife who uses the buses most days to get to & from work often says that if the powers that be want to make a start to improve the overall transport experience, they could start by putting up some bus shelters on the south bound side of Arundel Gate. 

Many of the stops were moved there back around 2018 / 19 & they still don't have shelters, yet you've got unused shelters standing on the now closed to traffic, Pinstone St?

• Like 1

It just shows how far backwards standards have gone.

Back in the day when Sheffield had a Bus Service, (before Thatchers de-regulation in 86)  funded for the public good without profit or loss coming into the equation, the average age of the fleet was 12 years under normal circumstances.

3 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

It just shows how far backwards standards have gone.

Back in the day when Sheffield had a Bus Service, (before Thatchers de-regulation in 86)  funded for the public good without profit or loss coming into the equation, the average age of the fleet was 12 years under normal circumstances.

First and Stagecoach account for what, 95% of routes/buses in Sheffield? And I would wager all of their buses are no older than 12 years. 

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

Err. 

This is your previous post. No older than 12 years??

Yes, for TM Travel buses, which make up a tiny fraction of the overall Sheffield fleet and you can't make a judgement on the state of buses in Sheffield based on this tiny outfit.