South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

Just now, XPertByExperien said:

Some can't actually, especially if they're Paraplegic and don't have certain limbs.

But of course you read the DM and think all disabled people should've been discombobulated at birth! :rant: :loopy: 

I am sure @HeHasRisen is aware of that, but I am also sure that such people have help/adaptations to help them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I am sure @HeHasRisen is aware of that, but I am also sure that such people have help/adaptations to help them.

Remember the late Prof Stephen Hawking? He had Parkinson's, and in later life he couldn't talk without an onboard computer on his Wheelchair, poor bloke.

That movie about his life "Theory of Everything" from a few years back was a real tearjerker.

17 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Remember the late Prof Stephen Hawking? He had Parkinson's, and in later life he couldn't talk without an onboard computer on his Wheelchair, poor bloke.

That movie about his life "Theory of Everything" from a few years back was a real tearjerker.

No he didn't. He was diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease, also known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the US, aged 21. 

It's mentioned several times in the movie 😕 

17 hours ago, SCM1 said:

So whst, some gaslighting going on here, are you all disabled?

How is pointing out that there are ways and means to help disabled people communicate in a modern world in anyway shape or form 'gaslighting'.

If anything your accusation of gaslighting is closer to it than anything that has been said. 

• Like 2

Well the last 31 the 7.04pm from Middlewood Road to Loxley never came on Saturday 25/02/23. there were a number of people waiting, on a cold evening, including myself and i am disabled. The people waiting were all stranded and had to get taxis, I had to get a taxi and as i am on low income which will have an impact on me(i already had a day ticket.).It is bad enough this is now the only service(and minimal at that) that travels to Loxley, and now it is not even reliable. I will be contacting the Mayors office on this on Monday.

Edited by SCM1

31 minutes ago, SCM1 said:

Well the last 31 the 7.04pm from Middlewood Road to Loxley never came on Saturday 25/02/23. there were a number of people waiting, on a cold evening, including myself and i am disabled. The people waiting were all stranded and had to get taxis, I had to get a taxi and as i am on low income which will have an impact on me(i already had a day ticket.).It is bad enough this is now the only service(and minimal at that) that travels to Loxley, and now it is not even reliable. I will be contacting the Mayors office on this on Monday.

Your first port of call would be to contact the operator of the bus service, I would have thought.

Guest busdriver1
31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Your first port of call would be to contact the operator of the bus service, I would have thought.

Definitely. They may / should be able to:  a) advise why it didnt come, b) offer some form of compensation if appropriate. 

The Mayors office would most likely just tell you how terrible it is and say that on their various fact finding missions they found it happens in other comparable Cities. (other Council type excuses may be inserted).

They may also point out that there is no bus at that time, the timetable shows it as 1708, how long did the OP wait? Or maybe they could have waited for the 61 ? 

Edited by busdriver1

1 hour ago, SCM1 said:

I've waited in Town for the 31 after 4 PM several times when it simply hasn't turned up at all.

Including to the stop outside what used to be Argos on Angel St, and the one further down outside Meltdown (opposite Snig Hill cop shop)

What gets me is that part of the reason the 31 was originally cancelled a few years back was its general unreliability, they brought it back not that long since, and it's still the same.

Edited by XPertByExperien
More detail and a small rant

Guest busdriver1
Just now, XPertByExperien said:

I've waited in Town for the 31 after 4 PM several times when it simply hasn't turned up at all.

Including to the stop outside what used to be Argos on Angel St, and the one further down outside Meltdown (opposite Snig Hill cop shop)

That journey has been an issue for many years. The previous trip gets caught in school traffic but the timetable they are given to run to does not take that into account. 

4 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

What gets me is that part of the reason the 31 was originally cancelled a few years back was its general unreliability, they brought it back not that long since, and it's still the same.

Same roads, more traffic, more roads with planters meaning more traffic on other roads,  same running times ambitiously created. 

It has been said that the definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Did that last night, still think any pressure on Mayor is better than none

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Definitely. They may / should be able to:  a) advise why it didnt come, b) offer some form of compensation if appropriate. 

The Mayors office would most likely just tell you how terrible it is and say that on their various fact finding missions they found it happens in other comparable Cities. (other Council type excuses may be inserted).

They may also point out that there is no bus at that time, the timetable shows it as 1708, how long did the OP wait? Or maybe they could have waited for the 61 ? 

Sorry, 7.08pm, have cognitive issues