South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

I cannot upload images here. 

33 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Do you know how much these apps cost?

or the card payment readers?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/kpcuk/permalink/2355404951308181/

Please see the link and there are many more like this. One SMALL business paid well over £1,000 last year in card fees. Imagine how much it will cost a large operation such as First South Yorkshire.

30 minutes ago, Resident said:

As for cash over cards. You are aware that the cash deposited by drivers at the end of the day has to be picked up & processed by a high security transport & handling company.  It's not like it's Steve from the back-office slinging it into a bag and walking into TSB. 
Not to mention the cost of insurance against theft such as drivers getting robbed etc.

That will be a set fee per collection. With cards, the more payments made, the more First get charged. If First take £750,000 in one day in Cash, it makes no difference to the handling charges, if they take that in card, the profit margin narrows.

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Absolute rubbish. Banks charge per £x for cash handling. 

Banks also charge for the readers themselves. Why do you think so many businesses are cash only? Not only do they want to protect our traditional method of payment, the card fees are bad for profits. I don't understand how anyone could leave the house without ensuring they have cash with them. 

The buses are slowed down by the failed card payments, either no signal or no funds! I hand over a £2 coin to the driver, he takes it, I take my ticket and the bus sets off.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Buses are also slowed down for old biddies and the rest of the lovely general public fumbling around for change or their pass. 

A lot of the senior citizens struggle to scan their freedom card, especially on Stagecoach buses, as the scanners retard with the slightest movement and many senior citizens have unsteady hands.

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Please see the link and there are many more like this. One SMALL business paid well over £1,000 last year in card fees. Imagine how much it will cost a large operation such as First South Yorkshire.

Based on the average card fees rate of 1.3%, to pay £1000 in fees then the business process just under £77,000 in card payments. Now most fee rates drop the more you transact so that's not likely to be the true figure, it's more than likely that the company transacted close to or over £100,000 through their account.

Large companies such as First/Stagecoach will have negotiated fees that are almost nothing due to the volume of transactions

33 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

That will be a set fee per collection. With cards, the more payments made, the more First get charged. If First take £750,000 in one day in Cash, it makes no difference to the handling charges,

As @HeHasRisen stated that's nonsense. CIT fees are charged (usually) at a set rate per £100 banked. On £750k you'd be looking around £2.5k for that one collection, not including any discrepancy fees at the bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

Based on the average card fees rate of 1.3%, to pay £1000 in fees then the business process just under £77,000 in card payments. Now most fee rates drop the more you transact so that's not likely to be the true figure, it's more than likely that the company transacted close to or over £100,000 through their account.

Large companies such as First/Stagecoach will have negotiated fees that are almost nothing due to the volume of transactions

As @HeHasRisen stated that's nonsense. CIT fees are charged (usually) at a set rate per £100 banked. On £750k you'd be looking around £2.5k for that one collection, not including any discrepancy fees at the bank.

Are you also taking in to account the additional 4% handling fee that American Express charge? When you are a small company like Hulley's or Globe, that 4% can make a big difference to your profits.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

This has nothing to do with buses.  Like I said, go to London and use a bus and see how you get on. 

Hmmm,

Now I think that it's a pretty standard procedure,

The bus pulls up, the driver opens the doors, and you step on the bus....... (Mind the Gap)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Are you also taking in to account the additional 4% handling fee that American Express charge? When you are a small company like Hulley's or Globe, that 4% can make a big difference to your profits.

I mean, you picked the worst example on purpose there, given many companies don't take Amex for this very reason. 

Anyway, back to the 2.5k per 700k cash handling charge you seemingly glossed over... 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1