South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well, no they werent, I went into the Sleigh Bar thing on Xmas Eve and used my card. Three times.

Leave your tin foil agendas out of this thread, please.

That's the bar, the market stalls were all cash only. I have never seen anyone demanding to pay with card as you so said.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

That's the bar, the market stalls were all cash only. I have never seen anyone demanding to pay with card as you so said.

I also saw a few stalls that advertised they could take card so you are talking absolute rot. 

Also - do you think the bus companies have done no customer research?  They went to efforts to eventually find tram ticket machines that could take card, do you really think they would do that if nobody wanted to pay with a card? Go to London and try and pay cash on a bus and see how you get on. 

Its 2023, not 1973. Get with the times. 

Anyway this is all a near distraction, the current (perceived) state of buses in Sheffield has absolutely nothing to do with them being able to take card payments.  And therefore has nothing to do with this thread. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Also - do you think the bus companies have done no customer research?  They went to efforts to eventually find tram ticket machines that could take card, do you really think they would do that if nobody wanted to pay with a card?

Do you really think every decision a company makes it to curry favour with the customer and has a positive impact on custom? Look at the fall out from Center Parcs last year when they made everyone go home for the day so staff could mourn Queen Elizabeth, a woman they never met and had no relation to. Read their Facebook page posts from September and then try telling me they did research on that. 

The cash only Brown Bear pub has a plethora of loyal and regular customers. The card only Las Iguanas, I have never seen anyone going inside. A petition reached enough signatures for a debate in parliament this year to make cash payments compulsory for all businesses. If the public didn't want it, they would not have got the signatures.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

This has nothing to do with buses.  Like I said, go to London and use a bus and see how you get on. 

When in London, I buy a day ticket from the vending machine using CASH. 

The pay before entry system in London would never work in Sheffield, as there aren't enough outlets to provide purchasing opportunities, it's too rural.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

When in London, I buy a day ticket from the vending machine using CASH. 

The pay before entry system in London would never work in Sheffield, as there aren't enough outlets to provide purchasing opportunities, it's too rural.

You make some very good and valid points Irene..

I'm dreading the cashless society.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Padders said:

You make some very good and valid points Irene..

I'm dreading the cashless society.

Literally nobody sensible is saying "bin cash off completely". The only people who think this is going to happen are nutjobs, the same nutjobs who talk about the New World Order, the Jewish lizards, chemtrails, and 15 minute cities.

Oh, and if you agree with her last three words you must have had a bang on the head 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

They need to scrap these expensive apps and card payment readers,

go back to the simple cream coloured tills with cash boxes and paper tickets. 

Do you know how much these apps cost?

or the card payment readers?

You do know the paper tickets end up more expensive to the operator in the long run than smart tickets and are less eco friendly

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

CONvid

Agenda 30

scamdemic

Thanks. You just invalidated any argument you will EVER take part in on these forums. 

As for cash over cards. You are aware that the cash deposited by drivers at the end of the day has to be picked up & processed by a high security transport & handling company.  It's not like it's Steve from the back-office slinging it into a bag and walking into TSB. 
Not to mention the cost of insurance against theft such as drivers getting robbed etc.

Yes there are transaction charges for using cards but they pale in comparison to the costs of cash transactions.

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

if they made sure the windows close properly , they may not need to use as much heating

Oh dear lord.