South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

We watch Macmaster in our house, well, Mrs Humblenarrator does, I'm a captive audience for it tbh. Watching him whingeing about how rubbish electric vehicle infrastructure is while he's on his way to his ten millionth English breakfast review is getting a bit boring.

I love him Mr. Humble..

Much better than watching terrestrial TV.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's not about inclusion, it's about getting their own way. If they wanted to promote inclusivity, then why not mandate that all businesses must accept cash? I think it's because they know the public want to pay cash and they want to drive cash away. Tesco introduced card readers at the tills... probably someone like you praised it for inclusivity, then they plated over the coin and note slots and went card only. 

I am very wary when the government get involved in mandating how businesses take payments.  If enough people wanted to pay with card, this wouldn't need to be mandated surely. 

I've not used a bus for a few years now but one of the last times I did I attempted to pay by card but the card machine wasn't working. Fortunately I had some change on me.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I love him Mr. Humble..

Much better than watching terrestrial TV.

We watch his (former) mate, Darren John as well.

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Because it's a completely backward step.  

It would be forcing businesses to incur great time, efforts and expense mandatory providing a facility which is increasingly dwindling in use.

For some of the more smaller businesses or online only operations, it'd make it completely impractical to run their businesses. 

I agree entirely your points of view Mr. ECCO.

I'm afraid I live in the past, and I'm staying there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Because it's a completely backward step.  

It would be forcing businesses to incur great time, efforts and expense mandatory providing a facility which is increasingly dwindling in use.

For some of the more smaller businesses or online only operations, it'd make it completely impractical to run their businesses. 

I have just seen a business on Facebook say cash usage is up by 85% this month. 

If you can't be bothered to cash up, then you have a very poor work ethic.

• Like 1

Just now, Padders said:

I agree entirely your points of view Mr. ECCO.

I'm afraid I live in the past, and I'm staying there.

How did this person book the flight in the first place? Did she send her cash to Ryanair in the post? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's all them 1p's  and  2p's Irene.

Chuffin nuisance....

13 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I've not used a bus for a few years now but one of the last times I did I attempted to pay by card but the card machine wasn't working. Fortunately I had some change on me.

We watch his (former) mate, Darren John as well.

Controversial..

Geoff Carter is good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If you can't be bothered to cash up, then you have a very poor work ethic

Maybe the illuminati told them not to cash up 😂

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I cannot upload images here. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/kpcuk/permalink/2355404951308181/

Please see the link and there are many more like this. One SMALL business paid well over £1,000 last year in card fees. Imagine how much it will cost a large operation such as First South Yorkshire.

That will be a set fee per collection. With cards, the more payments made, the more First get charged. If First take £750,000 in one day in Cash, it makes no difference to the handling charges, if they take that in card, the profit margin narrows.

that wasnt what i asked. You were on about the apps and card accepting ticket machines and i asked if you know how much they cost.

So whats your thoughts on period passes that arent cash? Should people carry the money around to buy them on bus and go back to the days about 10 years ago of drivers on a Monday getting delayed because people want weekly tickets and they had to do the sealed ticket for them holding up other users. then you have the risk of a driver carrying well over £1000 in cash on a bus very easily and at a robbery risk?

Lets not forget as well that people will be getting on with a £20 note for a £12.50 ticket so change would disappear very quickly? you get on the bus and need change from your payment method and the driver doesnt have enough, what do you do? or are you adopting the "correct money and no change" method where its up tot he customer to pay the correct amount. thats not a good customer proposition. 

If a small business paid £1000 in card fees then it was taking over £70K in payments by card. If i went shopping and wanted to make a payment then i would not want to be carrying around cash just in case i spotted something i liked or would you expect people to wander around with cash in their pockets and out of their bank accounts just in case?

If I was a driver of a bus then i wouldnt want that risk of carrying so much money. thats why longer period product sales were taken off bus. Are you proposing that in order to buy a period product i woudl have to go to a sales point with £131 in cash to buy a 28 day SY pass?

I disagree with your comment on the Stagecoach buses, the NFC signal doesnt really get affected by shaking hands and the ticket machine technoology is no different to other operators. I'll ignore the fact that we dont have the Freedom card up here so i dont know why you referenced that.

Considering old people get free travel, how do you propose that the travel is logged correctly so the operators can claim the reimbursment due for carrying them?

Issue a ticket? - Why pay for paper that isnt needed and whats stopping a driver (or operator) just printing tickets off 

use a "punch" tab on the ETM and dont issue tickets? - Again, very easily frauded and in the job i have i have seen this happen many times, both by drivers and by actual operators.

16 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

if i took £100 in cash one month then took £200 the month after then thats a 100% rise in cash i could say.  anyone can twist a stat to make it beneficial to them. 

your second comment is just ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Are you also taking in to account the additional 4% handling fee that American Express charge? When you are a small company like Hulley's or Globe, that 4% can make a big difference to your profits.

1. its 3% merchant fee with AMEX

2. Hulleys or Globe do not accept AMEX

https://www.hulleys-of-baslow.co.uk/ticket-information

• Haha 1