Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

34 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Do the 2.4mil actually matter?

Only in the context of the post.

34 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

As I have said before, the 2016 result is pointless.

Thats not what parliament are saying though, not that they are saying much.

Its significance becomes less as each day passes.

If that was true then why has parliament not revoked A50?

The sovereignty of our parliament and its political will, will triumph both legally and morally.

I agree but that could still mean we will leave as parliament have as yet no other plan, and also when it come to politics morals very rarely play a part.

The argument to leave is supported by the current minority. That will never be allowed to come to fruition. 

I think you may underestimate that so called minority as the latest polls give the Conservatives a 12% lead despite this last weeks politics. If there was another election it seems that many labour voters who voted leave will migrate and vote Tory instead. 

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It is absolutely material to that question 

How can it be democratic for dead people to decide the futures of the living?

You what???? :huh: :hihi:

Edited by apelike

1 minute ago, apelike said:

You what???? :huh: 

Which bit of my post do you not understand?

It is a simple idea.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

Which bit of my post do you not understand?

It is a simple idea.

Yes and at the same time pretty stupid as that is always the case when it come to any elections as they are normally held every 5 years and people die before the next is held. Are you now suggesting that only people under a certain age should vote?

Just now, apelike said:

Yes and at the same time pretty stupid as that is always the case when it come to any elections as they are normally held every 5 years and people die before the next is held. Are you now suggesting that only people under a certain age should vote?

Do you always belittle people that you are talking to? It seems to me that you should learn a few manners. I’ll humour you this once, but if you continue to be so graceless, I’ll not engage any more.

In this case, the “democratic “ decision is difficult to overturn, unlike a GE. So special attention should be paid to the demographics of the vote.

We know that the leave vote was heavily weighted to the over 50s, as is the death rate. It makes perfect sense to check that three years later, those dead people haven’t skewed the referendum  result, whilst not hanging around for long enough to see the result of their folly.

A new vote would check that.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Do you always belittle people that you are talking to?

I was not belittling you but just pointing out the obvious in that it is a stupid remark and can be seen as such. Democracy is for all and equal rights for voting is for all those that qualify to vote.

In this case, the “democratic “ decision is difficult to overturn, unlike a GE. So special attention should be paid to the demographics of the vote.

The decision can be reversed just like it is in any GE, normally after 5 years, and that is by having another vote. Demographics should certainly play no part or be given any special attention as to do so would be an affront to democracy and the idea that we are all equal. We can ask to re-join the EU after we have left at anytime if that is what parliament want to do.

We know that the leave vote was heavily weighted to the over 50s, as is the death rate. It makes perfect sense to check that three years later, those dead people haven’t skewed the referendum  result, whilst not hanging around for long enough to see the result of their folly.

What you seem to be proposing is that people over a certain age should not have a right to vote because they will die sooner than the younger voters. Sorry but is is a concept that I just don't understand as it seems that because remain lost you now want to alter how votes are counted because of demographics. 

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

17.4 million  ertainly want it, trumps the 16 million who did not. Leave or remain,  the choice is yours. One David Cameron PM.

Angel1.

That was 3 years ago. Old news.

And Cameron isn’t PM any more. You do know that?

I'm trying to imagine the froth and indignation from the 'winning' side, on November 1st, when the government's first job is to go and ask (nicely*) the EU for a deal.

*We'd probably need to turn down the trash-talk of dictatorships, jack boots, oppression, shackles, etc. 

On 14 September 2019 at 09:50, Lex Luthor said:

Positive: the French know well, which side of their european toast is best buttered. Arguably better education and no eurosceptic red tops, see.

Johnson is over here today for a natter with Juncker and Barnier, and then with our ever-quotable Premier, Bettel. Can't hardly wait for the joint PC, I have €10 on Bettel outdoing Varadkar :D

10 hours ago, apelike said:

We can ask to re-join the EU after we have left at anytime if that is what parliament want to do.

Really? Why? Why don't we just stay? We have the BEST deal we will ever get right now.

if we ask to rejoin we will have all that Euro and schengen to deal with

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Really? Why? Why don't we just stay? We have the BEST deal we will ever get right now.

Because the democratic people of the UK voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016.  It was well documented before the referendum vote that if ever the UK wish to re-join the EU the terms are most likely to be less favourable than the still current terms.

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If this is the best we can expect,  lets run for the hills asap. And YOU want to remain in this discredited club.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because the democratic people of the UK voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016.  It was well documented before the referendum vote that if ever the UK wish to re-join the EU the terms are most likely to be less favourable than the still current terms.

And?.........