Nick Clegg ‘to receive knighthood’

I'm with Jeff Stelling on Gillette soccer Saturday on sky sports this afternoon.He went barmy about knighthoods being given out and said the wealthy and famous,sports people and political cronies should not get them, it should be for ordinary people who do outstanding contributions to society and i totally agree with him.

Cameron was doing everything for himself and his party; whilst Clegg took a gamble that gave the country the stability that it needed. He would have known the risks for the smaller party getting blamed for all the downs, whilst Cameron took the credit, getting 24 more MPs after the 2015 general election.

It was going well, compared to the shambles we have now.

I agree with this, except for the bit in bold. I don't think Clegg, basically a fair minded and decent man, (if a bit niave,) was at all prepared for the machinations and pure skulduggery of Cameron and the Tory government. He was well and truly shafted by them.

I agree with this, except for the bit in bold. I don't think Clegg, basically a fair minded and decent man, (if a bit niave,) was at all prepared for the machinations and pure skulduggery of Cameron and the Tory government. He was well and truly shafted by them.

I agree with the above.

Before jumping into bed with Cameron, Sir Clegg said he would not form a coalition with McBroon.

However, this does not necessarily mean he wouldn’t form a coalition with a different Labour leader.

Should Sir Clegg have waited for a better offer from Labour ?

Should Sir Clegg have waited for a better offer from Labour ?

He did not have that option. As I understand, if a Government was not formed, in a matter of weeks, the Queen would have been duty bound to call another election.

No one really knew what would happen, because there was no Government, was a very rare thing.

He did not have that option. As I understand, if a Government was not formed, in a matter of weeks, the Queen would have been duty bound to call another election.

No one really knew what would happen, because there was no Government, was a very rare thing.

In hindsight another election wouldn’t have been a bad thing.