24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

Another Utopia for fat Chavs. There's plenty nearby so McDo's could well have the biggest earning UK outlet to date.

Another Utopia for fat Chavs. There's plenty nearby so McDo's could well have the biggest earning UK outlet to date.

Plenty of jobs then :)

( ;) )

Do places serving halal meat say whether the animal is pre stunned or not? I know that some muslims think that pre stunned slaughter is contrary to the specifications of zabiha.

No, there is no requirement under UK law to state how an animal was killed when it is sold as meat.

These discussions tend to take place outside of the UK. The UK council of Muslims, the closest thing to an authority our hungry and thirsty friends have in this country, give the thumbs up to stunning.

Correlation does not equal causation.

And precisely the point - if we're going to slaughter animals for food, it makes sense to do it in the most humane way possible, which halal decidedly isn't

Who "decided" ........... You?

If so, then fair enough, don't eat it.

If you eat the dead flesh of animal carcasses,then no-matter how it is "dispatched" it still ends up on someone's plate, and always will.

It seems to me that that these days there are FAR TOO MANY people attempting to tell us what we should & should not be doing.

We seem to be leaning towards a state where conformity is the "norm".

Naaaaaaaah! I'm not having that, because individuality is what has brought us this far.

No, there is no requirement under UK law to state how an animal was killed when it is sold as meat.

These discussions tend to take place outside of the UK. The UK council of Muslims, the closest thing to an authority our hungry and thirsty friends have in this country, give the thumbs up to stunning.

I thought as much. Unfortunately the number of animals that are not stunned before slaughter is on the rise. As far halal meat - 37 per cent of sheep and goats, 25 per cent of cattle and 16 per cent of poultry were killed without being stunned first in 2015.

I refuse to eat meat from animals that are not stunned before being killed, which unfortunately means that even though the majority of halal mean is undoubtedly humane, I will not eat from places serving halal.

Hopefully this McDonalds won't be one of them.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 22:21 ----------

Whilst there is no evidence that stunned halal meat (which the majority of halal mean in the UK is) is anymore inhumane than non halal meat, there is a wealth of evidence that not stunning animals first is inhumane.

The British Veterinary Association calls for all animals to be stunned before slaughter, while the Farm Animal Welfare Council says cutting an animal's throat is "such a massive injury that it would result in very significant pain and distress in the period before insensibility supervenes".

This is a view also held by the RSPCA and Peta.

So to answer your question, they decided.

To All Residents and business owners of The Common/Greenlane Area of Ecclesfield.

Sheffield City Council are considering planns to allow a 24 hour McDonalds on the site of the old police training building at the Junction of The Common and Green Lane.

Several people have already lodged objections Please do the same BEFORE JUNE 22nd by visiting

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/

You will need to Click on "register" and fill out your details. Once you have confirmed your registration you can search for 16/01781/FUL register you objection and leave a comment.

Some potential problems include

Traffic congestion in an area already troubled with congestion due on street parking by staff from the bus depot, and other surrounding businesses + buses waiting their standing times and driver swap overs. Excessive waiting times at the traffic-lights due to access to Morrisions via traffic lights especially at peak traffic times.

South Yorshire Police have a Sub Divisional HQ next door and increased congestion may very well negativly impact on police vehicles ability to access their HQ

The problems the constant smell of fast food, litter, unwanted gangs of youths, noise and the eyesore of a 24 hour Light up McDonalds sign on 24 hours a day

Also McDonalds have only informed the 10 closest addresses to the proposed site which I feel is very sneaky as it has a much wider impact on the area than that

Now you have seen the good points far out weight the bad bits. Can you withdrew the objection so they can get it up and running asap

If you eat the dead flesh of animal carcasses,then no-matter how it is "dispatched" it still ends up on someone's plate, and always will.

It seems to me that that these days there are FAR TOO MANY people attempting to tell us what we should & should not be doing.

We seem to be leaning towards a state where conformity is the "norm".

Naaaaaaaah! I'm not having that, because individuality is what has brought us this far.

If you really want individuality in slaughtering animals go to Thailand where the slaughter starts by caving a cows head in with a sledgehammer. I think it was Thailand, there was a BBC article on it this week and I really really don't want to look it again. I don't know if any religion was involved.

If you really want individuality in slaughtering animals go to Thailand where the slaughter starts by caving a cows head in with a sledgehammer. I think it was Thailand, there was a BBC article on it this week and I really really don't want to look it again. I don't know if any religion was involved.

It was Vietnam

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

Your friend is wrong, or you are trolling, but either way McDonalds do not offer Halal food.

Doesn't a franchisee have to use standard McD burgers etc? Surely a key requirement of McD is that everything is standard? I find it hard to understand how they would accept the odd Halal version.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I rarely go in, and if I do the decision wouldn't depend on whether it was Halal or not.

Maybe it just means their specials which contain bacon will be off the menu.

Maybe it just means their specials which contain bacon will be off the menu.

It just is not involved in the food preparation in the building itself also be transportation. I have had a great deal of anguish having some beef dripping imported from Ireland. Most of the fast food sector suppliers offer halal food. This cannot be transported with non-halal foods

How's this thread ended up as a discussion about halal meat? Bizarre.

I presume it was a tongue-in-cheek comment to see if peoples opinions change all of a sudden from being pro-construction to " down with them damn moslems" if people believed it was going to be halal.

Same way how people get really annoyed when a dilapidated, vandal ridden, eye sore of a building is even considered for a refurbishment & rebuild as a mosque.

by the way, it's not going to be halal to set the record straight.