24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

The link doesn't work, but I'll take your word for it. That's good news. I think it looks good (or will when occupied)

Because it is proposed to be a halal Mcdonalds. Not that bizarre really.

I think it was only speculated, but either way, yes, who cares!

Guest makapaka
Because it is proposed to be a halal Mcdonalds. Not that bizarre really.

But isn't it supposed to be about the planning application?

But isn't it supposed to be about the planning application?

Yes, but it is still fairly obvious how this became a discussion about halal meat. Why did you ask such a question when the answer was obvious?

Guest makapaka
Yes, but it is still fairly obvious how this became a discussion about halal meat. Why did you ask such a question when the answer was obvious?

To highlight the fact that it's weird how a thread regarding a planning application for McDonald's ended up in a discussion about halal meat.

To highlight the fact that it's weird how a thread regarding a planning application for McDonald's ended up in a discussion about halal meat.

We'll be watching all your future posts on any thread now to make sure you always stay STRICTLY on topic. ;)

I'm an omnivore so accept it. As do the lions tigers etc in the wild.

Be careful when comparing yourself to a dumb animal.

1) I do find it tastes better. I've had KFC at both Queens Road and the one in town and I prefer Queens Road

2) All meat is slaughtered (they are dead animals don't you know). Tha'ts what happens in nature. I'm not religious so the prayers and stuff is beyond me but at the end of the day its killing an animal for food. I'm an omnivore so accept it. As do the lions tigers etc in the wild.

Correlation does not equal causation.

And precisely the point - if we're going to slaughter animals for food, it makes sense to do it in the most humane way possible, which halal decidedly isn't

youth's already collect at Morrison's and Mc Donald's in the area would be a handy thing as you have to hit chapeltown for kfc or wosley bridge for Burger King so having Mc D's in area I think isn't a bad idea. They also bring a few jobs to the local area.

Without sounding ignorant I know the basics to halal meat but isn't it the same really. I get the religious side of it and that it's not the same to Muslims etc but isn't the taste and stuff the same??

Correlation does not equal causation.

And precisely the point - if we're going to slaughter animals for food, it makes sense to do it in the most humane way possible, which halal decidedly isn't

Pre stunned halal is a humane way of slaughter so stop talking nonsense....

halal are not muslims still eat it dont they so whats the diffrence

Pre stunned halal is a humane way of slaughter so stop talking nonsense....

Do places serving halal meat say whether the animal is pre stunned or not? I know that some muslims think that pre stunned slaughter is contrary to the specifications of zabiha.