24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

A great shame that junk pedallers like McDonalds are the only places that seem to be open round the clock, sickening how Americanised everything has become in this country.

About time we have a halal McDonald's. I hope your right and not just winding up the racists on here (though winding them up is always good).

I found the halal KFC better tasting than its non halal variety.

Get that you're trying to be Mr Cosmopolitan and are embracing ritualised slaughtering, but to claim that it somehow enhances the taste is beyond farcical.

Well they will have to. As Muslims will not go there unless it has the certificate of authenticity that it is halal displayed.

I didn't mean for Muslims :hihi: I meant why bother as people who eat there obviously aren't bothered what they eat!

(me too sometimes)

I agree with you though about KFC, the Queens Road one is in a different league to the Penistone Road one.

Why would anyone object , just need the old pheasant pub to Turn into a KFC now , happy days

That's the second mention of this pub, I can't picture it :confused: Which building was it?

Good luck to them. The more businesses that open the better.

Good luck to them. The more businesses that open the better.

Sorry but sheffield doesn't need your sort. Your promotion of economic progression is not what us folk like round here.

Now you can either start demanding for things to stay the same, complaining about change whilst berating the government for lack of investment or you can take your nasty progressive views to a more forward thinking city.

Ah, no wonder! I was thinking it was down Ecclesfield somewhere!

Yeah, well whatever happens to that I hope they don't flatten it.

Ah, no wonder! I was thinking it was down Ecclesfield somewhere!

Yeah, well whatever happens to that I hope they don't flatten it.

Permission the demolish it was refused.

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=NO8NM9NY0JI00

A great shame that junk pedallers like McDonalds are the only places that seem to be open round the clock, sickening how Americanised everything has become in this country.

Get that you're trying to be Mr Cosmopolitan and are embracing ritualised slaughtering, but to claim that it somehow enhances the taste is beyond farcical.

1) I do find it tastes better. I've had KFC at both Queens Road and the one in town and I prefer Queens Road

2) All meat is slaughtered (they are dead animals don't you know). Tha'ts what happens in nature. I'm not religious so the prayers and stuff is beyond me but at the end of the day its killing an animal for food. I'm an omnivore so accept it. As do the lions tigers etc in the wild.

Doesn't a franchisee have to use standard McD burgers etc? Surely a key requirement of McD is that everything is standard? I find it hard to understand how they would accept the odd Halal version.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I rarely go in, and if I do the decision wouldn't depend on whether it was Halal or not.

Doesn't a franchisee have to use standard McD burgers etc? Surely a key requirement of McD is that everything is standard? I find it hard to understand how they would accept the odd Halal version.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I rarely go in, and if I do the decision wouldn't depend on whether it was Halal or not.

The request was made to Mcdonalds to permit it within the franchisee application. The potential new owners are waiting to hear back from Mcdonalds. The decision I believe hinges on whether any company on Mcdonalds approved supplier list can source halal meat.

Guest makapaka

How's this thread ended up as a discussion about halal meat? Bizarre.

How's this thread ended up as a discussion about halal meat? Bizarre.

Because it is proposed to be a halal Mcdonalds. Not that bizarre really.