Taxi drivers who refuse to carry dogs.

People who need guide dogs are to visit Parliament to demand stiffer penalties for taxi drivers who refuse to carry their guide dogs.

The present fine is just a slap on the wrist and behave type of thing.

So this Wednesday more than 100 guide dog users will ask M.P;s to change the law and make it illegal for cab drivers to refuse to carry their dogs.

People who need guide dogs are to visit Parliament to demand stiffer penalties for taxi drivers who refuse to carry their guide dogs.

The present fine is just a slap on the wrist and behave type of thing.

So this Wednesday more than 100 guide dog users will ask M.P;s to change the law and make it illegal for cab drivers to refuse to carry their dogs.

If you can be fined for refusing then it is already illegal.

Who will pay for getting all the hair of the seats?

Who will pay for getting all the hair of the seats?

No one. The same as people don't have to pay for disabled toilets or wheel chair access ramps. The business has to foot the bill as part of been in the type of business that has to cater for disabled people.

If said person wants to earn a living driving there are other types of driving jobs where you don't have to worry about guide dogs.

I will not be happy getting into a taxi in my primark suit and get out cover in dog hair. I have a image to keep upto

Hackney carriages shouldn't have a problem. They have plenty of floorspace and a divider between driver and passenger.

You will then have to bring it up with the driver for not keeping his business clean. Just like you would in a dirty restaurant etc

The majority of taxi's already stink! what's a bit of wet dog going to do any further harm?

And to whoever said about them walking on paths etc, errrrr pretty sure we do that too hence we wear shoes!! And why would you automatically assume people allow their dogs to sit on the seats?????

I think the point is, yes there will be reasons for not wanting dogs in the taxi but i dont think it would hurt for there to be MORE taxi's willing to take them..

Assistant dogs arent excatly the most notorious for being savage killers either so i can't see fear being a major issue!

Be nice to hear from any current or past taxi drivers their views on this subject

Removed off-topic, relgious mentions, changing people's quotes and anything that was quoting these. If this continues people are likely going to be suspended.

Be nice to hear from any current or past taxi drivers their views on this subject

I was a Taxi driver for a year with Mercury and only carried a dog once so its not like its a daily issue for drivers.

Personally, I think it's unreasonable for taxi drivers to refuse service to someone with a service dog. They need to get around, too.

Perhaps, the dog owners could carry something small and lightweight (that could be disposed of afterwards) to put over the seat where the dog is sitting. I'm assuming they're carrying the dog's things anyway. Treats? Water? A collapsible bowl?

I think taxi drivers are nuts anyway to not cover their seats. I've seen plenty of taxis with food and drink stains and God knows what else on the floor, etc. Some taxis smell for that very reason.