Brayford coming home ?

canadablade

Reported £1.5m for a L1 team is spending, you all pleading as recently as a couple of weeks ago that the management had stated clearly that they WOULD NOT spend until they got out of L1.

Sorry boys, egg on face time just admit you were totally wrong (again). :hihi::hihi:

Not sure any fans reported that as being fact, just a potential reason.

But with cup runs (not that owls will know) comes more revenue.

The league cup sell out will have been a nice little earner, with it also being televised both home and away.

Attendances have remained a highlight, considering the league we find ourselves in and for how long we have been there.

Also, a reserve player? He's better than any Owls right back and we both know that.

Anyway, I'm surprised we have pulled off this signing. I'm also surprised by the fee being touted.

But I'm absolutely delighted he has come back to the Lane. Especially considering how much we have needed a right back.

So hats off to the management. Now let's get the striker in to compliment McNulty.

Not sure any fans reported that as being fact, just a potential reason.

But with cup runs (not that owls will know) comes more revenue.

The league cup sell out will have been a nice little earner, with it also being televised both home and away.

Attendances have remained a highlight, considering the league we find ourselves in and for how long we have been there.

Also, a reserve player? He's better than any Owls right back and we both know that.

Anyway, I'm surprised we have pulled off this signing. I'm also surprised by the fee being touted.

But I'm absolutely delighted he has come back to the Lane. Especially considering how much we have needed a right back.

So hats off to the management. Now let's get the striker in to compliment McNulty.

Goals conceded - Owls - 23, Cardiff - 40. No more needs to be said.

Who would you buy toppy if you had £1.5 million to spend? The fact that Brayford's happily dropped down a league says he knows we're on the up ;)

Your so bitter it's unhealthy :hihi:

We'll reignite this debate at the end of the season, with £1.5m I'd buy a forward as our defence is the 2nd best in the Championship.

Any incoming signing like this has to be welcome news - he's played here before and is very highly regarded by the fans (and manager clearly), obviously it is a large fee if it is £1.5m, but if the board feel that's an acceptable amount then that's fine (and at least it appears to be the Maguire money being reinvested in the defence - in the same way the owls reinvested the Antonio money in May).

If he makes the difference in the rest of the season leading to promotion, then it will have been well worth the money... sometimes, you've just got to give it a real go. Brayford, Freeman and Coutts could give us the shot in the arm we need (while of course we'd all love a striker on both sides of the city!).

I assume he's cup tied in both cups, so will be focussed on the league and potentially playoff campaign.

It's just a shame we weren't able to do this deal in the summer - due to Cardiff giving him another shot, lack of funds possibly at the Lane then... had he been a regular here all season, I tihnk we'd be a lot better positioned in the table... but he clearly wasn't available to sign back then.

Who would you buy toppy if you had £1.5 million to spend? The fact that Brayford's happily dropped down a league says he knows we're on the up ;)

Your so bitter it's unhealthy :hihi:

If he carries on he will do his well being no good whatsoever,I have never encountered such pettiness and hatred.

Goals conceded - Owls - 23, Cardiff - 40. No more needs to be said.

A defence consists of roughly 5 people, usually a goalkeeper and 4 defenders. It would be foolish to think that one player alone gives the whole picture of a defence.

Similarly, the Owls have set up in a very negative attacking fashion this year, hence their goal difference being a minus figure even with "the second best defensive record in the league".

A team that sets up not to lose, rather than a team who sets up to win, is more likely to concede less goals.

A great signing, in a era when the Blades are yet again flying the flag for Sheffield, making the headlines, spending money,signing several players, in an era the Owls are still up for sale and spending nowt while still housed in the "rust bucket" its just typical some Owls feel the need to come on here thread spoiling !!

Owt happening in S6 ???? no cup, no money, no buyer NO INTEREST.

Any incoming signing like this has to be welcome news - he's played here before and is very highly regarded by the fans (and manager clearly), obviously it is a large fee if it is £1.5m, but if the board feel that's an acceptable amount then that's fine (and at least it appears to be the Maguire money being reinvested in the defence - in the same way the owls reinvested the Antonio money in May).

If he makes the difference in the rest of the season leading to promotion, then it will have been well worth the money... sometimes, you've just got to give it a real go. Brayford, Freeman and Coutts could give us the shot in the arm we need (while of course we'd all love a striker on both sides of the city!).

I assume he's cup tied in both cups, so will be focussed on the league and potentially playoff campaign.

It's just a shame we weren't able to do this deal in the summer - due to Cardiff giving him another shot, lack of funds possibly at the Lane then... had he been a regular here all season, I tihnk we'd be a lot better positioned in the table... but he clearly wasn't available to sign back then.

A good level headed post ,without the usual gloating.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 08:50 ----------

A defence consists of roughly 5 people, usually a goalkeeper and 4 defenders. It would be foolish to think that one player alone gives the whole picture of a defence.

Similarly, the Owls have set up in a very negative attacking fashion this year, hence their goal difference being a minus figure even with "the second best defensive record in the league".

A team that sets up not to lose, rather than a team who sets up to win, is more likely to concede less goals.

Both Sheffield teams do that , and its bleedin rubbish.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 08:51 ----------

A great signing, in a era when the Blades are yet again flying the flag for Sheffield, making the headlines, spending money,signing several players, in an era the Owls are still up for sale and spending nowt while still housed in the "rust bucket" its just typical some Owls feel the need to come on here thread spoiling !!

Owt happening in S6 ???? no cup, no money, no buyer NO INTEREST.

Just the same as you have just done.

Can we now take as fact that any blades who were using the excuse that they wouldn't spend any money before they got in the Championship or were bound by the FFP rules as either fools or liars :hihi::hihi:

These poor Blades must be feeling absolutely devastated this morning if it is true that the club has made a signing,how they will get over it,I have no idea,the club should apologise immediately and set up a help line for these fans,who must be feeling betrayed and hurt by the club they have supported through thick and thin............what have they done to deserve this?..............how many more 'signings' will the Blades make and further drag these poor fans names through the mud?