Man City v Wednesday

castleboy

3,5 million is great money for a goalie at our level, I love Westwood as a keeper but I'd be chuffed if this was the case.

Don't be daft Tim, we'd be miles away without Westwood, and hes already stated that he's going nowhere, Wednesday gave him the chance to resurrect his career and hes happy and settled. Can't see Liverpool guaranteeing him 1st team football, so why would he leave?

On top of that who would we replace him with, 3.5m won't go that far with the players we need to compensate Westwood's loss

Kirkland is a very able replacement but if that figure is correct I'd snatch anyone's hand off that will offer it as much as I like Westwood. Even with Westwood in it will be a case of having to park the bus and hope for the best

wasnt kirkland off to Coventry the other day?

i heard the other day (couldve been on PoG) that we want a 30 goal striker, and the main bloke said we have the opposite, a -30 goal goalkeeper, ie:- Westwoods heroics have saved us 30 goals or so and kept us in the league where we are

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 13:10 ----------

The massive to beat city by 3.

Easy !

if the Owls keep City down to only 3 goals this time itll be a massive achievement lol

i heard the other day (couldve been on PoG) that we want a 30 goal striker, and the main bloke said we have the opposite, a -30 goal goalkeeper, ie:- Westwoods heroics have saved us 30 goals or so and kept us in the league where we are

if the Owls keep City down to only 3 goals this time itll be a massive achievement lol

It's a valid point Mel. As web says would we get the players needed with 3.5 million or are Lee's and loovens a big reason aswell as Westwood our goals against is so good therefore numbing the loss of Westwood. Its a toughy and that's if mm gave Gray all the fee

i cant find nothing about that on either the bbc site or wednesdays site

mcgugans gone back tho :(

and no drenthe

It's nothing official Mel, more of a friend of a friend who are Owls. Must admit, even as a Blade, it would be a huge blow for you guys, without Kirkland, who knows where you would be...

Sibon talked about this the other day and we agreed that Westwood was by far the outstanding player, he not only saves goals superbly but he also marshalls the defence ... it would cost a fortune to get him if I held his contract.

Don't be daft Tim, we'd be miles away without Westwood, and hes already stated that he's going nowhere, Wednesday gave him the chance to resurrect his career and hes happy and settled. Can't see Liverpool guaranteeing him 1st team football, so why would he leave?

On top of that who would we replace him with, 3.5m won't go that far with the players we need to compensate Westwood's loss

We disagree :)

Even if we only re-invest 1,5 million of that on the pitch we can seriously improve the squad and not just with loan players this time.

I am sure we can snatch a good goalie on loan though, probably from Liverpool themselves (What is his name, Brad Jones?) as there isn't exactly a shortage of premier league quality goalies that can do a job at our level, heck even bringing Martinez back might work.