Man City v Wednesday

castleboy

When Wednesday were beaten by them last time I said that whilst usually you like to laugh at your rivals when they lose by a big score it was no longer like the old days.

The game has been ruined by the misuse of the money which it has attracted.

We are no longer comparing like with like. How much difference is there in transfer value and wage structure between the two teams?

It is no longer a competitive sport.

Wednesday did well today against the odds.

Still hope it affects your confidence and you get relegated though. :)

When Wednesday were beaten by them last time I said that whilst usually you like to laugh at your rivals when they lose by a big score it was no longer like the old days.

We are no longer comparing like with like. How much difference is there in transfer value and wage structure between the two teams?

Wow have you been hijacked nice post .:thumbsup:

It was said on Radio Sheffield that the starting 11 of Man City (well 8 of them, 3 were free/loans) cost £158 million whereas the Wednesday 11 was less than 1% of that. Money talks I'd afraid.

Having said that I'd like to say well done to the players today, especially after the 7-0 drubbing in the league cup earlier in the season.

It was said on Radio Sheffield that the starting 11 of Man City (well 8 of them, 3 were free/loans) cost £158 million whereas the Wednesday 11 was less than 1% of that. Money talks I'd afraid.

Having said that I'd like to say well done to the players today, especially after the 7-0 drubbing in the league cup earlier in the season.

True... but the money label doesn't take away the fact that the players are only human with the same fears, feelings and emotion than anyone else.

Sounds like Man City had a bad day at the office. They were still 11 blokes at the end of the day.

Sounds like a blades play off final :hihi:

You have to give credit were credits due, the Blades have beaten a prem side a poor one nevertheless ...

The problem is they can't beat the lesser teams in the third tier were really it counts ..;)

Edited by owl.66

You have to give credit were credits due, the Blades have beaten a prem side a poor one never the less ...

The problem is they can't be the lesser teams in the third tier were really it counts ..;)

Very true............