2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Alternageek I salute you.

(You wouldn't like to do the same round here?)

Cheeky hat off now.

Ah, you came didn't you.

Well someone has put down grit on the path from my flats to the road. Whoever it was, thank you very much. I will have to risk a trip to the shop tomorrow, so wish me luck.

I walked down the road yesterday and there were loads of folk clearing snow from their driveways. One couple had cleared the entire paved parking area which had taken over from their front garden.

Where had they piled the snow. Why right on the pavent either side of their gate posts, so there was a 4 foot mound the full width of the pavent up to the cars parked by the roadside.

Pedestrians now have to wade out through the heaps of slush heaped up by passing cars and take their chances on the polished ice which is now our road.

It seems that quite a few others have followed suit and blocked the pavements every few yards.

Don't try pushing a pram round here.

Sometimes the press in this country make me laugh. Today is one of those days, the BBC webpage has THIS as the main story.

The Big Freeze? My word, what are they going to use when it is cold for more than a few days? The new ice age?

What about Snowmageddon?

Why did the council remove the grit bins from a lot of places?

Excellent point, the one at Walkley Lane, Ripley St, Morley St Jn has been removed, out of my own sense of civic pride I gritted the paths round this bin last year and before.

Now its gone.

This council is pathetic.

Excellent point, the one at Walkley Lane, Ripley St, Morley St Jn has been removed, out of my own sense of civic pride I gritted the paths round this bin last year and before.

Now its gone.

This council is pathetic.

I remember the reductions in grit bins being discussed in an earlier megathread. Obviously a cost saving, but it does seem very short sighted.

Just watched an episode of ice road truckers and it really puts most comments into shame!!

Multiple questions - should I go out, can I get out, is it safe......if in doubt STOP! Stay where you are! I don't know how some people would manage if we got hit with a REAL snow fall :rolleyes:

Pages and pages of silly/inane questions on this thread :loopy: where has common sense gone???