2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Just found out my bin won't be emptied today. Bloody useless!

No, because other places have been delayed, so we all have to have a few days delay whilst it is caught up in difficult conditions. They are collecting bins which are already overdue so unfortunately, collections scheduled for today may also have to wait

Or perhaps my bin is less important, and my collection (which is normally Friday) should be missed completely, so that yours is collected on the normal day?

Amey........ If we can't make your travel slow dangerous and difficult by road works, we will get you when it snows, Just leave it to us to grit?........ what are they going to put these captains of chaos in charge of next, Is this the new blood university graduates in charge, instead of those that have worked there way up thro experience????

No, because other places have been delayed, so we all have to have a few days delay whilst it is caught up in difficult conditions. They are collecting bins which are already overdue so unfortunately, collections scheduled for today may also have to wait

Or perhaps my bin is less important, and my collection (which is normally Friday) should be missed completely, so that yours is collected on the normal day?

My bin day is also Friday, it has been emptied today.

Actually I take it back. Just gone to bring it back in only to find it's been emptied. I don't know how I've not heard them.

I'm currently still stranded in Batemoor, as there's no grit bin within easy reach, and I've specifically been instructed by the hospital to not even attempt trying to walk on snow and ice, so even though the road is passable (by semi experienced drivers at least, even though as usual the council can't be arsed to actually come and grit the road) I've got no chance of getting to a car to be driven home....

All kinds of fun....