The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

But they're not. So many Labour voters will not vote for Corbyn. You can't dismiss them, ignore them or try and airbrush them out of history.

Corbyn has taken Labour back to the old unelectable Kinnoch days of the party.

May did the worst election campaign in recent memory and Labour still didn't win. Surely that tells you something?

Or will you just use your usual go-to excuse of the polls are wrong, the polls are biased or the media is against Corbyn?

Corbyn has taken Labour back to the old unelectable Kinnoch days of the party.

Wasn't this argument lost at the last general election? From a prediction of a biggest ever landslide for the Tories, Corbyn came within an ace of winning the election. Many political pundits claimed that if the election had been held 10 days later and Labour's increase in vote share had continued on the same trajectory, Corbyn would have won outright.

And comparing Corbyn to Kinnock is a nonsense. Like people who oppose rail renationalisation by repeating the mantra 'Remember what British Rail was like?', these events were 30+ years ago and times have changed almost beyond recognition. Remember, Blair's Labour was essentially a product of Daily Mail headlines but the traditional media no longer has that power. You may try to deny it but it is beyond doubt that there has been a sustained campaign against Corbyn which is proving largely unsuccessful. On the other hand, Labour's use of new media is far superior to that of other political parties.

Talking about a thick skin, if you are offended by my comment that your post was utter Drivel, then you sir need to develop a thick skin...:hihi:

Would that be against a thick head? Can you imagine if the Tory press stopped attacking him and started to give him some slack? He would only last until Momentum found a replacement who they considered could beat the likes of Yvette Cooper in a leadership election. And continuing referring to the daily fail doesn’t further your cause.

:rolleyes:

Would that be against a thick head? Can you imagine if the Tory press stopped attacking him and started to give him some slack? He would only last until Momentum found a replacement who they considered could beat the likes of Yvette Cooper in a leadership election. And continuing referring to the daily fail doesn’t further your cause.

why do you say that?, why would momentum even consider replacing him? you seem to be of the opinion that momentum got Corbyn on the ballot paper and got him elected, that is not the case,

why do you say that?, why would momentum even consider replacing him? you seem to be of the opinion that momentum got Corbyn on the ballot paper and got him elected, that is not the case,

No, but you can bet your boots that they would want their candidate there if he was ousted, but he won’t be because he will continue in winding up the Tory press, whilst enjoying every minute of it. ;)

Edited by Calahonda

Corbyn is the Labour party. People's faith is in him, not a replacement. He's pretty unique as a politician. That's the attraction.

Corbyn is the Labour party. People's faith is in him, not a replacement. He's pretty unique as a politician. That's the attraction.

He's not the messiah he's a politician. He also voted against his own party more than anyone else in the last Government so no-one owes him any loyalty.

I don't like personality politics its the policies that count for me.

He's not the messiah he's a politician. He also voted against his own party more than anyone else in the last Government so no-one owes him any loyalty.

I don't like personality politics its the policies that count for me.

and its the policies for me as well, thats why i fully support him, the big difference between him and some of the Blairites in the party is, he never actively went out of his way to go against the party, he always did what he thought was right, and it turned out he was right on many many of the big issues, can the same be said of the Blairites, they dont seem to go against him because of what they believe in, they seem to mainly go against him just to undermine him, and how many times do you see them spreading their bile to the Tory media? i dont ever recall Corbyn doing that, but i stand to be corrected if he did

but they are though, the party has moved on and they dislike it very much, they would rather labour get annihilated at the elections than win, just so they can say "look we told you so" then they hope they can pick up where they left off, the sooner they are out of the party the better for Labour

I';ve news for you Corbyn isnt going to win you any elections either. The people you dismiss so glibly know that and are fighting their corner. I mean - when was Old Labour last in an election winning state - forty years ago in the early 1970's.... New Labour have won a lot more and a lot more recently...

---------- Post added 04-06-2018 at 14:25 ----------

No - the Labour party is the PLP and MP's and the activists and the members....

We don't have a cult of personality like Mao Zedong or Stalin yet....