The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Well, Anna said he never promised it, also her link says that, so we will never know.

Yes I do believe his policies are hard left, I personally don't believe nationalising things makes them better, having worked in the public sector for a while before going self employed I was amazed at the attitudes of a lot of people who worked there, it always struck me how much money was wasted and then like all public services moan about lack of funding.

Also overtaxing the wealthy will only lead to one thing, money will be moved to a less severe regime. I'm old enough to remember the 60s when I think I'm right in saying some people were paying up to 95 percent income tax and moved abroad, do you recall the Beatles song 'Taxman'?

Also it went a bit against the grain after working and paying income tax and NI for fifty years to see some families having kids for benefits with no intention of working.

The left are always bleating on about austerity and food banks but most of these people can afford the latest smart phones etc and are usually the fat families who will continue smoking and drinking.

So please excuse my scepticism about the left but I'm afraid like you I ain't going to change my opinion.

so what do you think about the multinational corporations that make billions and pay peanuts back?

what do you think about the billionaires that make a fortune and stash it all away in offshore accounts?

The people that control the media turn the people against Corbyn whilst they hide their money and pay no tax, strange world indeed

Either he has policies that the public like, in which case any left wing leader could have proposed them and got the same level of support, or you think he is coming up with absolutely unique policies that no one else could possible think off (a national investment not being one of those FYI)

How many of the general public even know what his policies are? His policies are rarely mentioned, much less discussed. They are deliberately kept out of the media, and replaced instead with lies and continual bitching about any minutiae that can be used to discredit or ridicule him. Why do you think that is?

As for 'any left wing leader being able to propose them:' -But they didn't did they? There was only Corbyn willing to say what had to be said, and put his career on the line for it. How many could stand up to the relentless personal onslaught he has had to endure daily for the last 3 years? They haven't really been able to dig any dirt on him, and he can't be bought. He's an honest man on a mission, and that's what terrifies the pants off them. Because he is who he is.

Edited by Anna B

How many of the general public even know what his policies are? His policies are rarely mentioned, much less discussed. They are deliberately kept out of the media, and replaced instead with lies and continual bitching about any minutiae that can be used to discredit or ridicule him. Why do you think that is?

As for 'any left wing leader being able to propose them:' -But they didn't did they? There was only Corbyn willing to say what had to be said, and put his career on the line for it. How many could stand up to the relentless personal onslaught he has had to endure daily for the last 3 years? They haven't really been able to dig any dirt on him, and he can't be bought. He's an honest man on a mission, and that's what terrifies the pants off them. Because he is who he is.

Haha. Are you for real! And you think only the working class can be brainwashed!

Haha. Are you for real! And you think only the working class can be brainwashed!

Oh, Robin. I expected better from you. Are you really going to descend into the one line, knee jerk, fatuous response?

What real dirt have they been able to dig on Corbyn? 'He eats cold baked beans out of a can, says his ex wife...'

Edited by Anna B

so what do you think about the multinational corporations that make billions and pay peanuts back?

what do you think about the billionaires that make a fortune and stash it all away in offshore accounts?

The people that control the media turn the people against Corbyn whilst they hide their money and pay no tax, strange world indeed

Seeing as you've only highlighted a couple of lines of my post and only replied to that I presume you agree with the rest of my post.

Yes I think the multinational companies should be paying the appropriate tax on earnings in this country, but as we both know a lot of them including most of the internet companies siphon their earnings through lower tax regimes, Including other countries in the EU like Luxembourg but the left wing remoaners are quite happy to accept that.

I would also say the same about billionaires who make their money here, unfortunately as I saw on a TV programme the other year tax law is written with built in loopholes by people who then go to work for those companies and exploit them and this has happened under governments of both colours.

If you read my post you will have seen I never mentioned allowing tax avoidance or evasion, I was talking about not increasing taxes.

I think you've both unfortunately got a bit of a complex about control of the media and don't give people enough credit for making their own minds up and forming their own opinions.

Oh, Robin. I expected better from you. Are you really going to descend into the one line, knee jerk, fatuous response?

What real dirt have they been able to dig on Corbyn? 'He eats cold baked beans out of a can, says his ex wife...'

More dirt has been dug on Corbyn than any other Labour leader I can think of, unless you think fratinising with terrorists doesn’t count as dirt, regardless of how pure you think his motives are.

If you think anyone else could be photographed etc with the people he’s been photographed with without the media running wild with it you’re mistaken.

More dirt has been dug on Corbyn than any other Labour leader I can think of, unless you think fratinising with terrorists doesn’t count as dirt, regardless of how pure you think his motives are.

If you think anyone else could be photographed etc with the people he’s been photographed with without the media running wild with it you’re mistaken.

so thats it? thats the sum total? he has had his picture taken when he has been in the presence of nasty people, that is all you can find?

what about Thatcher and Pinochet?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

Tories have forgotten that Thatcher wasn't just a terrorist sympathiser, but close friends with one

so thats it? thats the sum total? he has had his picture taken when he has been in the presence of nasty people, that is all you can find?

what about Thatcher and Pinochet?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html

Tories have forgotten that Thatcher wasn't just a terrorist sympathiser, but close friends with one

More than just 'in the presence of' though isn't it.. oh no sorry I forget, he was present, just 'wasn't involved'. Perhaps that has always been the case...

What is your point about Thatcher? Thatcher could have been a terrorist herself for all it matters, what's that got to do with Corbyn?

More than just 'in the presence of' though isn't it.. oh no sorry I forget, he was present, just 'wasn't involved'. Perhaps that has always been the case...

What is your point about Thatcher? Thatcher could have been a terrorist herself for all it matters, what's that got to do with Corbyn?

How was it "more than just in the presence off"? what do you know that we all dont? come on spill the beans, tell us what you know, how was he more involved?

as for Thatcher, you seem to be always blabbing on about Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser, but i dont ever recall you mentioning on any thread about Thatcher being actual buddies with one, strange that isnt it?

How was it "more than just in the presence off"? what do you know that we all dont? come on spill the beans, tell us what you know, how was he more involved?

as for Thatcher, you seem to be always blabbing on about Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser, but i dont ever recall you mentioning on any thread about Thatcher being actual buddies with one, strange that isnt it?

If you haven't noticed, Thatcher is dead. Corbyn on the other hand is the leader of the opposition, and so therefore is slightly more topical...

So you agree that he wasn't 'involved' in the wreath laying ceremony then, despite being photographed holding the wreath? You and Corbyn must share a definition of 'involved' that nobody else does..

Why did he lie about meeting the IRA? Perhaps he thought he wasn't 'involved' in that either?

If you haven't noticed, Thatcher is dead. Corbyn on the other hand is the leader of the opposition, and so therefore is slightly more topical...

So you agree that he wasn't 'involved' in the wreath laying ceremony then, despite being photographed holding the wreath? You and Corbyn must share a definition of 'involved' that nobody else does..

Why did he lie about meeting the IRA? Perhaps he thought he wasn't 'involved' in that either?

A terrorist sympathiser is still a terrorist sympathiser, but you seem to be very selective in that matter though, was Thatcher in your opinion a terrorist sympathiser? but more so was she friends with a terrorist sympathiser??

from what i understand he laid a wreath, but not for the memory of any dead terrorists, but dont let facts get in the way of a good story eh? lol

A terrorist sympathiser is still a terrorist sympathiser, but you seem to be very selective in that matter though, was Thatcher in your opinion a terrorist sympathiser? but more so was she friends with a terrorist sympathiser??

from what i understand he laid a wreath, but not for the memory of any dead terrorists, but dont let facts get in the way of a good story eh? lol

But he said he didn't take part in the wreath laying