The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Whether I like Corbyn or not is neither here nor there . Whats more important is the electorate don't like him ,hes already failed once against the weakest bunch of tories in years

He increased the Labour vote from 29% to 40% . The Tories won a Pyrrhic victory, May believed all the anti Corbyn’ and right wing media hype eg Daily Mail, Tories set to win 98 seat majority. She lost her Parliamentary majority and jumped into bed with Flat Earthers and Bible literalists.

Incidentally why are you a Conservative Party supporter ?

Labour has problems of course. All the parties do.

This just looks like another attempt to take Corbyn down at all costs. Most people can see through the hysteria, and it’s actually not doing Labour much harm at all.

Most people can see that taking common cause against some of the activities of the Israeli state is not anti-semetism, but is legal dissent in a country where we have free speech. It’s entirely reasonable to question some of the stuff Israel is doing.

Well, i watched Andrew Neil on TV last night (this week?) and he had his usual stooges on Kendal and Portillo, He also had Robert Winston on stating how bad the Labour Party were with Anti Semitism, and how Corbyn was to blame, he must have had a good 5 minutes slagging Corbyn off, they also had two Jewish guys on, one was supposedly a Corbyn supporter, the other very much introduced as Anti Corbyn, it turned out that all the five of them did nothing but blame Corbyn for a massive rise in antisemitism, they didnt have one person putting in a different opinion, the BBC have totally given up on pretending to show any impartiality,

Well, i watched Andrew Neil on TV last night (this week?) and he had his usual stooges on Kendal and Portillo, He also had Robert Winston on stating how bad the Labour Party were with Anti Semitism, and how Corbyn was to blame, he must have had a good 5 minutes slagging Corbyn off, they also had two Jewish guys on, one was supposedly a Corbyn supporter, the other very much introduced as Anti Corbyn, it turned out that all the five of them did nothing but blame Corbyn for a massive rise in antisemitism, they didnt have one person putting in a different opinion, the BBC have totally given up on pretending to show any impartiality,

They are all saying it's his fault because ITS HIS FAULT!!

He's tried to brush it under the carpet but the stink just keeps getting worse.

The only way to solve the problem is to understand what the problem is.

If the issue is actually with opposition to some of the goals and activities of the Israeli state that is not anti-semitism. The complicating factor is the Israeli state using religion as a justification for its actions.

If the issue is about attacks on Jewish people that is anti-semitism.

The two things are different. I don’t see very much evidence of the latter from the Labour Party but plenty of the former. And that is the issue I think.

---------- Post added 30-03-2018 at 10:37 ----------

They are all saying it's his fault because ITS HIS FAULT!!

He's tried to brush it under the carpet but the stink just keeps getting worse.

What is his fault exactly?

The only way to solve the problem is to understand what the problem is.

If the issue is actually with opposition to some of the goals and activities of the Israeli state that is not anti-semitism. The complicating factor is the Israeli state using religion as a justification for its actions.

If the issue is about attacks on Jewish people that is anti-semitism.

The two things are different. I don’t see very much evidence of the latter from the Labour Party but plenty of the former. And that is the issue I think.

---------- Post added 30-03-2018 at 10:37 ----------

What is his fault exactly?

Good points. David Badiel said much the same thing.

This is being whipped up into a frenzy by the media as usual, who are wantonly missing the point.

Marianne Tellier has been suspended over a tweet she posted. Replacing a job centre sign with Arbeit Macht frei. I can't think of a more offensive sign to Jews than this. If people can't accept there is a problem within certain sections of the Labour Party with anti-Semitism then the argument will continue.

Well, I never knew that. You learn something every day.

'Whig' is also perjorative meaning unsophisticated rural type or yokel. It was the nickname of the Liberal party, but has now died out in UK parlance. Tory has remained but it is no longer perjorative. In fact most conservatives rather like the expression Tory, it seems to me and is not seen by them as an insult now.

both terms were used in American politics too. A Tory was an American colonist who supported the Crown during the American revolution, a group that in 1776 probably amounted to being about 30% of the colonists, but that quickly died out as an expression after independence. There was never any restoration movement in the new USA worth mentioning but had there been, it might easily have been called the Tory faction or the Tory party.

Whig emerged as a word in USA politics decades later when the Whigs became an important US party between around 1830-50 and there were four Whig US presidents, however they only won two elections as two of those four Whig presidents died in office. The US Whigs split in the 1850s around the issue of slavery. The pro-slavery faction became the Know-Nothing and Constitutional Union parties many of whom really were a bunch of southern slaveholding country bumpkins and so bringing the Whigs back to their original meaning in Britain, a couple of centuries before. The anti-slavery Whig faction, weren't as 'Whiggy' as the pro-slavery faction : they were more urban and northern, and merged with the Republicans.

Edited by blake

'Whig' is also perjorative meaning unsophisticated rural type or yokel. It was the nickname of the Liberal party, but has now died out in UK parlance. Tory has remained but it is no longer perjorative. In fact most conservatives rather like the expression Tory, it seems to me and is not seen by them as an insult now.

both terms were used in American politics too. A Tory was an American colonist who supported the Crown during the American revolution, a group that in 1776 probably amounted to being about 30% of the colonists, but that quickly died out as an expression after independence. There was never any restoration movement in the new USA worth mentioning but had there been, it might easily have been called the Tory faction or the Tory party.

Whig emerged as a word in USA politics decades later when the Whigs became an important US party between around 1830-50 and there were four Whig US presidents, however they only won two elections as two of those four Whig presidents died in office. The US Whigs split in the 1850s around the issue of slavery. The pro-slavery faction became the Know-Nothing and Constitutional Union parties many of whom really were a bunch of southern slaveholding country bumpkins and so bringing the Whigs back to their original meaning in Britain, a couple of centuries before. The anti-slavery Whig faction, weren't as 'Whiggy' as the pro-slavery faction : they were more urban and northern, and merged with the Republicans.

Very interesting.

Thankyou for that.

Well, i watched Andrew Neil on TV last night (this week?) and he had his usual stooges on Kendal and Portillo, He also had Robert Winston on stating how bad the Labour Party were with Anti Semitism, and how Corbyn was to blame, he must have had a good 5 minutes slagging Corbyn off, they also had two Jewish guys on, one was supposedly a Corbyn supporter, the other very much introduced as Anti Corbyn, it turned out that all the five of them did nothing but blame Corbyn for a massive rise in antisemitism, they didnt have one person putting in a different opinion, the BBC have totally given up on pretending to show any impartiality,[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, the BBC are certainly in LIEbours pocket. They just adore St Jeremy and his commie mates.

Angel1.