Help!! im 15, 16 next month and wondering about housing.

Hey im 15, 16 next month and just wondering, can i try and get a flat as soon as i am 16? i live with my mum but have to sleep on the settee, after my dads wife kicked me out of thier house. I have got a social worker and have been with them for years.. i've been in care aswell, would social services get me my own place quicker because im sleeping on a settee and really want to move out?

Join the army.

Nobody under 25 should be given a council property, Ive seen kids under nineteen who have had vflats given them only to wreck them and cause nothing but trouble for people who live along side them. You are your parents responsibility.

Yeah, because ALL under 25's are like that....

get a grip.

To the OP- Good Luck. The Armed Forces suggestions aren't a bad idea :)

The Armed Forces suggestions aren't a bad idea :)

Yeah, if you don't mind losing limbs.

If I was 16 again in and a situation like yours I would seriously consider joining Junior soldiers. You will be housed and fed and be with a group of similar minded young people whilst learning a skill or trade.

http://www.army.mod.uk/training_education/training/16495.aspx

You will also be well paid for a 16 year old.

If you have been in trouble or you dont think your fit enough go to the careers office anyway as they will be able to give you a plan of when the best time to apply will be.

Yes, but that involves signing up with the army for 4 years too and getting shot at and killed for a phony war. Don't get me wrong I totally respect what soldiers do but I think you would be mad to do it!

Unless things have changed, only a small proportion who apply for the armed forces are selected. Of course it may be different for the infantry regiments.

Hey im 15, 16 next month and just wondering, can i try and get a flat as soon as i am 16? i live with my mum but have to sleep on the settee, after my dads wife kicked me out of thier house. I have got a social worker and have been with them for years.. i've been in care aswell, would social services get me my own place quicker because im sleeping on a settee and really want to move out?

If your female, just get up the duff, seems to be the current trend amongst teens to get a flat.... That way you will be setup for life on benefits too, you may even become a celeb if you appear on JK in a few yrs.

As soon as you are 16 you can get a job and might be able to get out that way. That is by far the best way to do it and you don't have people shooting at you, either.

Why expect people to run around for you?

You're nearly 16. Stay where you are. Your priority is to get your GCSEs.

Get some good GCSEs then get a job. Use your spare time to volunteer to get experience to enhance your CV. With the earnings from your job rent a flat.

Or you could choose to stay in education and look to get a higher paid job eventually.

I agree with the comment above- no one under 25 (except in exceptional circumstances) should get a council house. Your family needs to take care of you. You may have problems but who ain't got them, sort them out like most people do.

Are you in a position to look after yourself? You may be entitled to some kind of supportive housing. Talk to your social worker about this. Go to the sheffield council website and click on the link to housing. Then go to the section on homeless. They have a list of all accommodation for those in your situation. Any problems, PM me

Also if you did get a flat how are you going to pay your bills, I sympathise with you but the reality is that basic benefits like you will be on don't cover £100 gas bills + Electric + food + Clothing the list is endless, Join the army and sign up for a safe job if you don't want to be shot at

If your female, just get up the duff, seems to be the current trend amongst teens to get a flat.... That way you will be setup for life on benefits too, you may even become a celeb if you appear on JK in a few yrs.

Thank you for the suggestion Mr Littlejohn.