Help!! im 15, 16 next month and wondering about housing.

Hey im 15, 16 next month and just wondering, can i try and get a flat as soon as i am 16? i live with my mum but have to sleep on the settee, after my dads wife kicked me out of thier house. I have got a social worker and have been with them for years.. i've been in care aswell, would social services get me my own place quicker because im sleeping on a settee and really want to move out?

Are you in a position to look after yourself? You may be entitled to some kind of supportive housing. Talk to your social worker about this. Go to the sheffield council website and click on the link to housing. Then go to the section on homeless. They have a list of all accommodation for those in your situation. Any problems, PM me

Also if you did get a flat how are you going to pay your bills, I sympathise with you but the reality is that basic benefits like you will be on don't cover £100 gas bills + Electric + food + Clothing the list is endless, Join the army and sign up for a safe job if you don't want to be shot at

If your female, just get up the duff, seems to be the current trend amongst teens to get a flat.... That way you will be setup for life on benefits too, you may even become a celeb if you appear on JK in a few yrs.

Thank you for the suggestion Mr Littlejohn.

Hi

Until you are 18, you are unable to have a tenancy with anyone...either council or private rent. This is due to legal restrictions....I wont bore you with those details.

If your circumstances are so dire, you can go to Howden House and ask for a list of Supported Accommodation providers.

You can also google a few of them to see what they offer....

The Foyer

Roundabout

Pitsmoor Youth Housing Trust

Hope this helps!

Why expect people to run around for you?

You're nearly 16. Stay where you are. Your priority is to get your GCSEs.

Get some good GCSEs then get a job. Use your spare time to volunteer to get experience to enhance your CV. With the earnings from your job rent a flat.

Or you could choose to stay in education and look to get a higher paid job eventually.

I agree with the comment above- no one under 25 (except in exceptional circumstances) should get a council house. Your family needs to take care of you. You may have problems but who ain't got them, sort them out like most people do.

I am sorry but why under 25? I believe you are an adult aged 18. I was pregnant with my 2nd child at 25, had lived away from home for 4 years and had plenty of jobs and was on maternity leave from uni.

Yes, but that involves signing up with the army for 4 years too and getting shot at and killed for a phony war. Don't get me wrong I totally respect what soldiers do but I think you would be mad to do it!

You don't HAVE to be a soldier to join the forces.