Help!! im 15, 16 next month and wondering about housing.

Hey im 15, 16 next month and just wondering, can i try and get a flat as soon as i am 16? i live with my mum but have to sleep on the settee, after my dads wife kicked me out of thier house. I have got a social worker and have been with them for years.. i've been in care aswell, would social services get me my own place quicker because im sleeping on a settee and really want to move out?

If I was 16 again in and a situation like yours I would seriously consider joining Junior soldiers. You will be housed and fed and be with a group of similar minded young people whilst learning a skill or trade.

http://www.army.mod.uk/training_education/training/16495.aspx

You will also be well paid for a 16 year old.

If you have been in trouble or you dont think your fit enough go to the careers office anyway as they will be able to give you a plan of when the best time to apply will be.

Hey im 15, 16 next month and just wondering, can i try and get a flat as soon as i am 16? i live with my mum but have to sleep on the settee, after my dads wife kicked me out of thier house. I have got a social worker and have been with them for years.. i've been in care aswell, would social services get me my own place quicker because im sleeping on a settee and really want to move out?

Nobody under 25 should be given a council property, Ive seen kids under nineteen who have had flats given them only to wreck them and cause nothing but trouble for people who live along side them. You are your parents responsibility.

Edited by Cardew

It's not so bad is it, you have the Internet and a roof over your head. All your three needs are met: food, shelter and health.

If I was 16 again in and a situation like yours I would seriously consider joining Junior soldiers. You will be housed and fed and be with a group of similar minded young people whilst learning a skill or trade.

http://www.army.mod.uk/training_education/training/16495.aspx

You will also be well paid for a 16 year old.

If you have been in trouble or you dont think your fit enough go to the careers office anyway as they will be able to give you a plan of when the best time to apply will be.

Good suggestion

i doubt you will be given anything but im not an expert on council housing but i suspect due to the size of waiting lists at the mo and an ever increasing demand for homes, you will not be given anythign for a while. i know its not an ideal situation you are in right now but when my neice wanted to move into her own place when she was 17/18 she was put into a hostel/B&B type place for over 18months and she was pregnant at the time so i wouldnt hold out much hope im afraid :mad:

where does it say he has food and health?
Lives with his Mum and has been in care. At 16 he's not getting a house anyway, he has a Mum that can and should take care of him until he's 18. He can start by getting a job, most of us went through the part-time job at his age; not just signing on for social housing.

Lives with his Mum and has been in care. At 16 he's not getting a house anyway, he has a Mum that can and should take care of him until he's 18. He can start by getting a job, most of us went through the part-time job at his age; not just signing on for social housing.

Very good, but where does it say he has food and health?

i had to move out when i was 17 and can fully sympathise. I couldn't find any help either.