People knocking on doors

I have the same issue with people on Fargate stopping you in a "you will talk to me" kind of way.

They then have the cheek to ask you for your bank details! people must be giving out these details otherwise they'd stop doing it but surely it's not the best practise to be asking or giving bank details out to people at your door step or on the street?

I want to give to charity as and when I see fit to I don't want to be made to feel that I'm a bad person if I don't give to the charity of favour at the moment.

I am always pleasent and say "no thank you" but people are so persistent that it sometimes takes you being rude for them to back off.

Wow, I really couldn't agree more. This echoes my own thoughts on this so much it's spooky! This may sound a bit clinical but I'm actually in the process of writing a more detailed piece about this, to post as a new thread in here, to gather other people's opinions on the charity 'infestation' of Fargate and how their attitude is actually becoming unsavoury. Look out for it.

Wow, I really couldn't agree more. This echoes my own thoughts on this so much it's spooky! This may sound a bit clinical but I'm actually in the process of writing a more detailed piece about this, to post as a new thread in here, to gather other people's opinions on the charity 'infestation' of Fargate and how their attitude is actually becoming unsavoury. Look out for it.

I wonder why the council allows it ?

Motion detection sprinklers :thumbsup:

A young man came to my door some years ago saying he was doing a sponsored run for The Asthma Society. I gave him nothing, and checked his ID with them afterwards (which was false). Turned out that he was a heroin addict and appeared at Sheffield Crown Court 6 months later. How much money had he pocketed during his time "collecting for charity" ? :rolleyes:

Im getting rather cross with The Red Cross !! Im going to phone them and ask why they are going around asking for peoples bank details ! :rant: What do they think we are , thick ! :rant:

On holiday a couple of years ago, we got stopped in the street by some young people from Red Cross and they were asking people for bank details too. What happened to standing in the street with collecting tins!!! :huh:

I recommend NEVER give charities your bank details if they come to your door. If you want to donate to any charity they you should contact them direct and offer whatever you want to. :thumbsup:

Mr Goose sadly looks out of his window,why don't the Jehovah's Witnesses stop here any more ??? :( :( :(

Give us the address, and I'll see what I can do!!:|

I always like to give Gemma a couple of quid when she stops me she looks so needy.:rolleyes::suspect::roll:

last week it was a bloke trying to sell us some spuds .

Ha ha think we had the same guy, Wanting to sell big sacks of spuds i think it was for £15/£16,

Who really needs so many spuds lol, only time we buy a sack is when ever we go to skegg we wait for best deal though noticed the closer you get the cheaper the price lol, from £7/8 down to £2/3 for a sack now thats something you can't refuse when you can pay that for a small bag.

Though the worst i must say are those johovis(however you spell it) witness's, my grandfather (hate him for this ha ha) told me to go to the door think he knew who they were unsuspecting poor me had no idea what i was in for, no lie now 40 minutes talking about god and all that trying to make me believe and whatever i was so bored i really felt like crying kept trying to close the door then they would start talking more about something or another and i was so not interested just they were too old fellas and felt well probably not allot of people going to listen to them and it’s not like i got anything better to do with my time so poor me had to sit (well stand) through hell at the door, got a few information books and 1 or 2 pages copied from the bible and put them in a safe place straight into the big blue bin lol, so changed my believes ha ha, I don’t have a religion, never read the bible, only time ive been to a church is for funerals, hated religious education at school, if i knew i could have been excused from it if the school was informed of me been an atheist i would have made sure they knew, but I’m not really an atheist believe it the doo-dar in my own weird way like but that’s between me and whatever is in my head! Lol..... end of story.

Edited by DannyGUK

The people who come round aren't actaully employed by npower, RSPCA, etc - they are working for those awful 'Marketing' companies that have about 20 adverts in the star every day.

They don't care what they are collecting for, just whether or not they will get the commission for signing you up. That's why they are so persistent and are prepared to lie to get your details out of you.

Typically they will say things like 'our records show you are entitled to a discount on your energy bills', and if you say you are not interested they'll reply 'What? You are not interested in saving money?'.

Tell them to go away.

We have a doorbell and have a recording which plays when the button is depressed. It says...."If you are selling something or collecting for something we are not interested so go away, if not, please wait"....We find it works a treat.

I had an old chap called round the other day I opened the door to him and he said "Dr Bernados Home" I said thanks for telling me, I didn't know he'd been away

I am sick to death of British Gas coming to my door every few months. I have had the 'what, you don't want to save money?' Shock horror, I tell them 'no I am an eccentric millionaire'.