Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

also the trade unions have not agreed any of it, the unison trade union put in a fairlure to agree early on even though they have continued to attend meetings to influence consultations.

Your trade unions may have issues with the implementation at local level, however, this whole initiative was something they asked for nationally and have agreed to nationally. Single status has been an issue that trade unions have wanted to be addressed for many, many years.

Your trade unions may have issues with the implementation at local level, however, this whole initiative was something they asked for nationally and have agreed to nationally. Single status has been an issue that trade unions have wanted to be addressed for many, many years.

if that's so then why did all the tade unions involved with craft workers kick out of it before it got started

we have been told by the union it was the goverment of the time that wanted it

if that's so then why did all the tade unions involved with craft workers kick out of it before it got started

we have been told by the union it was the goverment of the time that wanted it

Read this: http://www.labournet.net/ukunion/0508/singstat1.html

and: http://www.labouruniondigest.org.uk/index.php?page_id=12

as i work in education yet agine we r the last to find out! cant belive how much tention this is causing! staff at work arguing over 39 weeks and 52 weeks contracts! we asked our manager for our job discription and they dont have any for us! so how the hell does the people above know what we do!! typical of education!

No time for a detailed post however two factual points:

1 - Planner1 "None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers." The trade unions never have FACT, and to the best of my knowledge never will agree with the WAYS methology as used by Sheffield City Council - FACT

2 - Barcelo "And to the previous poster who claimed the Star suggested 6 months.....it's rubbish , it currently stands at 12 months but the unions are pushing for 18 months paid protection ..NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!.... its still ongoing, unison and GMB are still negotiating protected pay so DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ PLEASE" Currently protection within Sheffield City Council is either 2/4 years depending upon grade. The trade unions have requested significantly more than 18 months - FACT

If I had a message for anybody, if your in a Union, contact your officer/rep - all unions are busy preparing for this, and have prepared for this. If you are NOT in a Union, get into one ASAP

the problem the trade unions (UNISON and gmb) also the council is you can claim equal pay on protection and i am sure when all the profiles have been analised there will be equal pay claim for past inequalities.

1 - Planner1 "None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers." The trade unions never have FACT, and to the best of my knowledge never will agree with the WAYS methology as used by Sheffield City Council - FACT

Yes, as I said, the initiative is a national one, brought in at the Union's behest. They agreed, nationally, for it to be rolled out. The details were left to local level and that's where the issues are occurring.

My wife works for the Council as a Support Worker with people with Learning Disabilities. She works nights only, twice a month working weekends.

She is currently on £6.57 ph with time and a third for a few hours a night, time and a half for the rest and double time on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Her pay review has removed the double time, so Sundays will be time and a half, and rebanded her so her basic is now £6.25 ph.

After phone calls to Unison (who apparently have had lots of feedback) and discussions with her line managers, she was told that all night workers in care have been sent 'the wrong paperwork'.

Apparently she will instead be offered a basic of £8.xx an hour but the double time will still be removed. We're not counting our chickens until we see it on paper, but if this is the case then she actually will be better off following the review.

Anyone on here do Development Work? I'd be interested to know how you've faired as mine has gone down. The OS grade they've put me on doesn't really seem to match the work that I do.

I'm keen to know how others have faired to try and judge my chance of appeal. I think it's awful to tell us this information and then say you wont be able to appeal until after it's implemented, which will be April. It seems to make this consultation period a bit of a joke if you can't actually do anything yet.

What was initially envisaged as being beneficial to staff has been hi-jacked and will be used by the councils and other employers to actually cut costs and this seems patently unfair in the current financial circumstances. In the NHS they used Agenda for Change to do a similar thing.

Im in education so we wont find out anything yet and yes it's horrible is there anyone in admin taking a loss I heard staff have walked out on Howden House is that true? I'd be interested in know who's lost out. hope everyone stands together on this and appeals against it. its disgusting that weve been doing the job for years only to be told youve back on the wage you started out at years ago.

On streetforce some people have took a dip between £4500/& £5600.