Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

many moons ago all council employees was interviewed 1998-2001,the outcome was never implimented because social services staff were the winners and the council coudnt afford it.

this new evaluation exercise has been done using glpc ( greater london provisional council) scheme except 3 of the factors,the council used (ways )to do these 3 factors which manufactors the scores to fit into lower bandings,ie if they used glpc scheme in its entirety you may have got more points.

this way they have been able to put some staff into lower profiles ,you need to check using profiles from different families whether each resonsability has been scored the same for each level.

All the job roles, grades and pay scales are on the internal intranet. My letter says the information is also on the website at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/payreview, but unhelpfully it isn't actually there. Which is a shame as I'd like to do some comparing with the other job families as it's all I can think about right now. It's going to be horrible waiting until April to appeal.

when you go the web page it should take you to a password log on here

you need to type in the username pay and the password rev1ew

i work in admin and my wage hasn't changed AT ALL not even by a penny!

can i suggest if anyone is unhappy they leave and let the unemployed/ low wage people take your higher paid jobs! :D

i guess you wont be standing for all those peole who are set to lose money then, seeing as though you havent lost a penny, lets see you check your terms and conditions do you fancy working 6am till 8pm including sat and sun cause this is what they can do!

i guess you wont be standing for all those peole who are set to lose money then, seeing as though you havent lost a penny, lets see you check your terms and conditions do you fancy working 6am till 8pm including sat and sun cause this is what they can do!

I think you've probably misread this one (as you've worded it anyway)!! They CAN'T make you work 14 hours a day for 7 days a week. It's my understanding that it means the standard working hours are between 6am to 8pm, rather than 8am to 6pm as it stands at the moment. In other words, you could start at 6am but finish at 2pm; although probably subject to service requirements of your service.

It was aparently supposed to be only 20% who would be worse off, and yet all the people i have spoken too (various sectors) are all losers even bigwigs..
I'm guessing the people who are unaffected and those that have got an increase are keeping their heads tucked well below the parapets at the moment.

I'm guessing the people who are unaffected and those that have got an increase are keeping their heads tucked well below the parapets at the moment.

I agree...well it's either that or perhaps they've been working well above their pay grade for years so have been increased to reflect that.

I agree...well it's either that or perhaps they've been working well above their pay grade for years so have been increased to reflect that.
That may well be the case. But the point I was trying to make was that if you have been lucky enough to stand still or even benefit from P & G then under the current circumstances you're going to keep it to yourself and not go making things worse for the losers.

That may well be the case. But the point I was trying to make was that if you have been lucky enough to stand still or even benefit from P & G then under the current circumstances you're going to keep it to yourself and not go making things worse for the losers.

What an awful situation - the winners will feel relieved, the losers will be de-motivated and yet all still have to work together and still provide a service to the public....:confused:

What an awful situation - the winners will feel relieved, the losers will be de-motivated and yet all still have to work together and still provide a service to the public....:confused:
Indeed. A friend of mine got a modest increase to bring him in line with people who had been on a grade higher than him whilst people who work for him generally got reductions in salary. On one hand he was obviously pleased but on the other he was gutted for his workmates.