Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

Unlike most of the Forum folk on this thread so far, I don't work in eduction so got my letter today. I've been shoe horned into a job role at a grade lower than I was on. I had been told that my job hadn't fitted into a job family early on and that something would have to be created for that kind of work. But it seems they've not bothered and decided to take a few thousand pounds off me instead.

I'm now back on the kind of wage I was in in my last job which was a lot easier with less responsibility. I've now taken on a larger mortgage based on the fact that I have / had a better job.

I'm now hoping that the appeals process will be kind to me.

This is correct, we have to wait approximately two weeks from today, and it is only the Education and learning sector, everyone else has found out today.

QUOTE]

It's actually everyone in the Children and Young Person's Directorate who will have to wait to find out - this is the old social services and education directorates combined, so not just education and learning who are waiting.

I'll be interested to see if the appeals process length and everything else is extended by 2 weeks for all those in CYPD affected.

Well the brown envelope arrived today for the workers of streetforce, and yes it was worse than we expected. A hard working man is reduced to earning £14,000 per year,

so watch out as this is the same as a clerical officer in admin.

Thanks Mr Mothersole in your ivory tower, i bet pay and grading doesn't affect you.

Thought pay and grading was meant to be fair, yet again the lowest paid get hit again

A hard working man is reduced to earning £14,000 per year,

so watch out as this is the same as a clerical officer in admin.

Thanks Mr Mothersole in your ivory tower, i bet pay and grading doesn't affect you.

Thought pay and grading was meant to be fair, yet again the lowest paid get hit again

So what is being a man got to do with this?

Do you not think that admin officers work hard? The reviews take account of the nature and physicality of the job.

None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers.

I'm sure the bad news isn't just confined to the lower paid. I have worked at two places where these reviews have been carried out and people have gained and lost across the full range of salaries.

i am an admin worker myself and Mr Mothersole has signed the letter we received as for the unions, they are doing nothing they are attending meetings and telling the people who pay their subs nothing!

It might be a national agreement, but as ever sheffield council are the last to complete and the first to get it all wrong

So what is being a man got to do with this?

Do you not think that admin officers work hard? The reviews take account of the nature and physicality of the job.

None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers.

I'm sure the bad news isn't just confined to the lower paid. I have worked at two places where these reviews have been carried out and people have gained and lost across the full range of salaries.

like to know where you worked are you affected in the pay and grading,

i am an admin worker myself and Mr Mothersole has signed the letter we received as for the unions, they are doing nothing they are attending meetings and telling the people who pay their subs nothing!

It might be a national agreement, but as ever sheffield council are the last to complete and the first to get it all wrong

I doubt very much whether they've got it all wrong. There are always going to be a lot of appeals. That's been the case at every Authority I've heard of.

The Council I now work for is half the size of Sheffield and they are still processing appeals 10 months after the results were announced.

Edited by Planner1

like to know where you worked are you affected in the pay and grading,

I was at Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive last year when they announced theirs. I got a one increment rise as the bottom of my grade cane up slightly. One guy I knew there lost 25% of his salary.

My current job with Barnsley Council was a new one and it went through the evaluation process before it was advertised.

I know people at other Authorities who've been through this process with varying outcomes.

So can anybody actually share the new job families with those of us who have not got our letter for two weeks? and the 14,000 you are reduced to on a previous thread, i would be interested to know what your drop is in pounds.

It was aparently supposed to be only 20% who would be worse off, and yet all the people i have spoken too (various sectors) are all losers even bigwigs..