Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

So can anybody actually share the new job families with those of us who have not got our letter for two weeks? and the 14,000 you are reduced to on a previous thread, i would be interested to know what your drop is in pounds.

It was aparently supposed to be only 20% who would be worse off, and yet all the people i have spoken too (various sectors) are all losers even bigwigs..

All the job roles, grades and pay scales are on the internal intranet. My letter says the information is also on the website at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/payreview, but unhelpfully it isn't actually there. Which is a shame as I'd like to do some comparing with the other job families as it's all I can think about right now. It's going to be horrible waiting until April to appeal.

I also received my letter today, I have waited for over 11 years for the council to impliment the single status pay and gradeing review. I HAVE GOT A PAY INCREASE OF£2.50 PER HOUR ON BASIC PAY, its about time equality has been implimented across the council. i work in learning disabilities looking after the most vunerable people and deserve to be paid a living wage some men in the council have been earning bonuses of over 40% on top of there basic pay,this is why i and other female employees put in a equal pay claim 3 years ago. you get paid for the points you get for the responsibilities needed to do job.also the trade unions have not agreed any of it, the unison trade union put in a fairlure to agree early on even though they have continued to attend meetings to influence consultations.

So what is being a man got to do with this?

Do you not think that admin officers work hard? The reviews take account of the nature and physicality of the job.

None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers.

I'm sure the bad news isn't just confined to the lower paid. I have worked at two places where these reviews have been carried out and people have gained and lost across the full range of salaries.

I phoned HR on Thursday when us in CYPD were told that there was to be a FURTHER delay, they said that it was tough to call, that they had considered delaying the whole process. they were confident that there would be few problems caused by the other directorates finding out and not us. Right, sure, good call.

so far we have heard of people losing over 25% of their wages in some areas of CEX, parks and countryside being hit, housing officers losing up to £2500 pa in some cases, incomplete information wrong information, admin staff walking out of Howden House.

so, this makes us feel how exactly in CYPD? worried, anxious stressed, vulnerable, upset, angry, I could go on. I have looked at the new job families and they mean nothing to me. My job does not fit into any of them. this is the sad homogenising of our workforce, suppressing any individual flair or talent, reducing any satisfaction to nothing, paid by the machine. oh and this was HR Firsts first go at impressing Capita, nice one guys....

also the trade unions have not agreed any of it, the unison trade union put in a fairlure to agree early on even though they have continued to attend meetings to influence consultations.

Your trade unions may have issues with the implementation at local level, however, this whole initiative was something they asked for nationally and have agreed to nationally. Single status has been an issue that trade unions have wanted to be addressed for many, many years.

Your trade unions may have issues with the implementation at local level, however, this whole initiative was something they asked for nationally and have agreed to nationally. Single status has been an issue that trade unions have wanted to be addressed for many, many years.

if that's so then why did all the tade unions involved with craft workers kick out of it before it got started

we have been told by the union it was the goverment of the time that wanted it

as i work in education yet agine we r the last to find out! cant belive how much tention this is causing! staff at work arguing over 39 weeks and 52 weeks contracts! we asked our manager for our job discription and they dont have any for us! so how the hell does the people above know what we do!! typical of education!