Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

How do you know I have a high paid job my hourly rate at the moment is the same as a checkout person in Aldi and I dont just do admin mines more data so please dont comment unless you know the facts

that wasn't aimed at you sp don't jump down my throat!!!! the part for you was the 'admin wage' bit cause you had asked! the 2nd bit was for the people who will just spend months winging they have lost £2k yet still be on thousands more then me!

I cannot believe that the council are doing this to so many people.... reading the posts on here and just hearing what people from work are saying I just find the whole process ridiclious and unfair...the CYPD directorate is apprantely going to be hit the worst, hearing the rumours at work...I work in a school and the tension at work is awful....anyone else looked at the details ive put up? and made any sense of it?

we had the exact same problem at hallam university, ours should have been implemented by august 2006 and believe it or not some people are still having appeals heard and like u all put some areas will see nice increases, some will be unaffected and there will be some unlucky ones as well, and yes the stress of having taken out bigger mortgages due to your pay been manageable to have a pay decrease is a terrible worry to some people but im sure lol the government will pop along and help those affected out

So, how many of you out there are union members? I am.

For those of you in Unison - have you all returned your pro-forma letters to John Mothersole and David Bownes. I have. What impact do you think this will have?

I think the Unison information should be clearly telling people (if they have lost out or not) that everyone should be returning these letters. I have lost out, but even if I had not I would still be returning the letters and taking part in any strike action.

The way they have gone about this is totally unacceptable, especially in terms of the lack of information on the approach, lack of consultation and lack of information on appeals and protection.

I would like to think that most people who work for local authorities are decent hard working people who work in this type of work for a reason - to make a difference and do something that benefits everyone, not just shareholders! Based on this assumption, most people are behind the reasons for carrying out pay and grading, it is about delivering equality, which most of us would not argue against. But the approach to this has been rubbish and through the lack of transparency and openess they are denying people the opportunity to take in all the information and come to their own conclusions about the outcomes, and if indeed the less well paid members of the workforce have benefitted. No one likes loosing money, but if they could tell me who the winners and losers are in a more open way then maybe I would be more accepting of it all.....

I could go on......

does the job description reflect this ?

job evaluation is aobut the role an individual undertakes , not about time served or about other qualifications that aren't mandated by the job description...

Has anyone seen their job description under the new system?

All the info we have seen is about job families according to which it is the same job to put a street name plate up as it is to erect a 12m column

At the start of all this many moons ago we where told that each person would be interviewed to see what was involved in each job type, as expected this never happerned so all these decisions have been made without actually knowing what goes on

How the hell do you manage staff when they are on a bigger salary then you. Im talking middle management here not the top wigs. It just makes a mockery of your position you have worked up to for the last 30 years, but we all need to fight back. If we dont we are letting them do what they want with us. Next year at this time we might be going through this all over again.