Sheffield City Council pay and grading review

Im in education so we wont find out anything yet and yes it's horrible is there anyone in admin taking a loss I heard staff have walked out on Howden House is that true? I'd be interested in know who's lost out. hope everyone stands together on this and appeals against it. its disgusting that weve been doing the job for years only to be told youve back on the wage you started out at years ago.

heard today that some social services staff have got their letter, after being told they would have to wait 2 weeks, their pay is either the same or has gone up, as for streetforce my husbands paperwork apparently is wrong it is job coded and the code given for the job does not match the salary and grade printed on the website when i phone the helpline the staff just laughed and were non the wiser as as on the receiving end of these shamful letters

No time for a detailed post however two factual points:

1 - Planner1 "None of this is anything to do with John Mothersole, it's a national initiative, involving all Councils, which, if I recall correctly, the trade unions asked for in the first place and have since agreed the methodology with the employers." The trade unions never have FACT, and to the best of my knowledge never will agree with the WAYS methology as used by Sheffield City Council - FACT

2 - Barcelo "And to the previous poster who claimed the Star suggested 6 months.....it's rubbish , it currently stands at 12 months but the unions are pushing for 18 months paid protection ..NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!.... its still ongoing, unison and GMB are still negotiating protected pay so DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ PLEASE" Currently protection within Sheffield City Council is either 2/4 years depending upon grade. The trade unions have requested significantly more than 18 months - FACT

If I had a message for anybody, if your in a Union, contact your officer/rep - all unions are busy preparing for this, and have prepared for this. If you are NOT in a Union, get into one ASAP

at the moment protection stands at 6 months but unions want the payrise winners to be back dated if this is so say goodbye to parachute payments

Just read this for first time and going back to earlier points, I work on a 38 week contract and get paid for 38 weeks. I understand people worried about losing money, but I want to see those getting paid 52 working 52 weeks.

Just read this for first time and going back to earlier points, I work on a 38 week contract and get paid for 38 weeks. I understand people worried about losing money, but I want to see those getting paid 52 working 52 weeks.

they do say jealousy is at the root all problems caused

We should bring this farcical council to its knees.....one out all out! I would be the first ! whos with me ? eh....eh....hello :gag:

dont think you can call everyone out when it is supposed to be done because of equality??will the winners come out and those that are staying the same.i think i should join the union and let them fight for us the more that are in the union the better strenghth they have if there is not many in they dont have much voice, i now UNISON have hired the city hall next week for a big meeting of there members ,i have just phoned them and they said if i am not a member i can join and attend.i am going to join UNISON as that is where all the managers are and they do well.

One thing that does seem to have happened is that experience or qualifications don't count for anything anymore. They have looked at the jobs and put them in their families but they haven't looked at people

example two lads in our section one has got hgv and drives an hi-ab and has worked for the council for nearly 20 years the other lad has been on 18 months and drives a pickup

and both have been placed on the same level of pay

does the job description reflect this ?

job evaluation is aobut the role an individual undertakes , not about time served or about other qualifications that aren't mandated by the job description...

Im in education so we wont find out anything yet and yes it's horrible is there anyone in admin taking a loss I heard staff have walked out on Howden House is that true? I'd be interested in know who's lost out. hope everyone stands together on this and appeals against it. its disgusting that weve been doing the job for years only to be told youve back on the wage you started out at years ago.

i work in admin and my wage hasn't changed AT ALL not even by a penny!

can i suggest if anyone is unhappy they leave and let the unemployed/ low wage people take your higher paid jobs! :D

Edited by chickywiggle
change 'you' to 'anyone' as it was taken the wrong way.