Crystal Bar - Carver Street.

Originally posted by Hook

I'll be there, I assume anyway. Probably there the 17th, 18th and 19th.

What's that phrase? :confused: There can be too much of a good thing? :D

Enjoy! :clap:

K x

Was opening night last night (Invitation Only!) did anybody go? It's invitation only tonight as well (I think?) but General public on Saturday!

I went - was cool, very nice - really impressed with the venue - It was busy so would like to visit another time to get a full look at the interior but I am sure it is great. Didn’t get a chance to taste the food but I will at some point very soon.

I am not sure enough people go out to keep this bar open for long or if the other bars will survive around it – just look at some of the other bars they are empty all week already because people don’t have that much disposable income. Its going to be survival of the fittest I think. It must cost a lot of $$ to run a venue like this – if they only get 20 people in Monday – Thursday then what happens.

I really wish all the luck in the world for this venue and nightlife in Sheffield – Sheffield needs more venues like this only if people use them. Get out more

Originally posted by blessed

I went - was cool, very nice - really impressed with the venue - It was busy so would like to visit another time to get a full look at the interior but I am sure it is great. Didn’t get a chance to taste the food but I will at some point very soon.

I am not sure enough people go out to keep this bar open for long or if the other bars will survive around it – just look at some of the other bars they are empty all week already because people don’t have that much disposable income. Its going to be survival of the fittest I think. It must cost a lot of $$ to run a venue like this – if they only get 20 people in Monday – Thursday then what happens.

I really wish all the luck in the world for this venue and nightlife in Sheffield – Sheffield needs more venues like this only if people use them. Get out more

Well said... Totally agree.

Think Im gonna do the same and go for another good look round when it is less busy but looked very impressive from first glance.

hello,

I'm going to have a look tonight. I think sheffield needs a few more classy places. I recently went to birmingham and some of the posh bars there were lovely! Champayne cocktails all night-yummy!

Last night was much quieter! Will be interesting to see what happens tonight when it's open to the general public. I think it opens from 3pm! No idea if there's any food available... I got to taste the food last night though - the goats cheese tarts were delicious!

hello, i just read all about this new place, and am thinkig to going to night, but i need to know where it is, and if I need and inviation, anybody could help me ??

Went there for a drink tonight and was really impressed.

The staff were really friendly, competent and cool.

Got a look round the VIP area and pre-restaurant bar. Very nice.

Let's hope that this marks a real turning point for the city centre.

By the way - never mind that it's owned by the same people as kingdom... they have given us a great new bar!!

Don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of bars (and people) who value style over substance, but Cristal seems to have got the balance right.

Called in there for a drink yesterday afternoon and was very impressed with both the staff and interior, the glass roof is worth a visit alone!!

Originally posted by will_

hello, i just read all about this new place, and am thinkig to going to night, but i need to know where it is, and if I need and inviation, anybody could help me ??

It's on Carver Street, just opposite Flares. It's next door to Ruby Lounge so if you're walking down Devonshire Street from Kingdom it's on your right hand side, if your walking down from Forum it's on the left.

You don't need an invitation, the bar is open now from 11am each morning until 11 or 12 on a nightime. I think the late license is only operational on Fridays & Saturdays, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

As for the glass roof, here's a little fact about it! The building is listed so the roof is entirely freestanding, it's just designed to fit right up to the building!

Originally posted by Lee1979

sure but hopefully they all be rejected at the door and only the cool trendy people like me will get in :D

Amen to that

Sounds like it's worth a visit on Saturady night (though i'm anticipating a huge queue to get in!!) What's the music like inside? Are the drinks really pricey? Is there an entry fee? Yes i'm money conscious, and no i'm not a chav!!!