Crystal Bar - Carver Street.

It's due to open 17th Feburary, and as far as I know it's on time. Training commences for the staff this week.

Food Menu looks extensive, as does the Wine & Spirit selection. The place is clearly different from everywhere in Sheffield, and is aiming for a totally different market... Given the amount of market research they've done on it, I can't imagine it not suceeding.

Time will tell.

Any idea what kinda music it will be playing, opening times prices etc.

Fingers crossed it wont be another Mingdom.

Well it's owned by the same people who own Kingdom and it's not a club it's a bar.

It's nothing like another Kingdom. It's much more stylish, much more trendy, and it's not exactly what I'd call studenty in any way!

It's definatly worth checking out when it opens I think. I'll be there after the initial rush has died down a little bit.

Originally posted by Hook

It's nothing like another Kingdom. It's much more stylish, much more trendy, and it's not exactly what I'd call studenty in any way!

It's definatly worth checking out when it opens I think. I'll be there after the initial rush has died down a little bit.

If it's owned by the same peope that own Kingdom (or should that be Mingdom?) then I'll not be expecting too much! :gag:

K x

Originally posted by Kristian

If it's owned by the same peope that own Kingdom (or should that be Mingdom?) then I'll not be expecting too much! :gag:

K x

I wouldn't be too sure Kristian, so I hear it's meant to be amazing inside the place (a massive glass roof being one of the features - that'll be nice with all the Sheffield Pigeons :P ).

I'm looking forward to it opening, it's going to be a big place (something like 1200 capacity or something).

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I wouldn't be too sure Kristian, so I hear it's meant to be amazing inside the place (a massive glass roof being one of the features - that'll be nice with all the Sheffield Pigeons :P ).

I'm looking forward to it opening, it's going to be a big place (something like 1200 capacity or something).

I'll keep an open mind then until I see it for myself! :D It does sound nice, let's just hope the clientele is better than Kingdom. <Kristian waits for torrent of abuse!>

K x

Hopefully the mingdom owners are trying to target a different group of people and will not allow the usual riff-raff that goes to Kingdom into this new bar.

There's not going to be any strict controls over who goes in, although there's going to be certain controls in order to ensure there's a decent atmosphere. It's going to be a chav free zone, no trackies, no trainers, no caps etc etc etc. Groups of lads are going to be strained in, and yes - it's aimed more at the professional market.

Flyers are starting to appear around town, and they sound pretty classy. Having been inside a fair few times, it's nothing like mingdom, and from what I know it's not going to attract a similar number of clientel.

It's more of what I'd call a cocktail bar, with a huge range of spirits available, and it's not going to be all that cheap.

And apparently, it's opening on Valentines Day.

And no - it's not a club, and I believe the capacity is around the 900-1000 mark.

Why did they get it, did they hear the council wish to demolish the building in a few years? cough.

I seem to remember when they originally announced they were opening a bar there it would be a pre-club venue for Kingdom, although it seems to have developed into a very different beast since then. Guess thats not a completely bad thing...