Giant new Tesco on Spital Hill / Saville Street.

It will improve when the security guards are fully trained in the use of tasers and

CS gas spray.:)

Think they will need it

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/?pgid=101642&fs=s

A link to the plans for Tesco and their latest plan to take over the world.. It's quite scary!!

Drove past the front over the last few days on the Spital Hill diversion, i couldn't help but think that the front colour scheme is every shade of s**t imaginable.

Yep, it's hideous.

Also, what happened to the original plans? This is supposed to be the view under the Wicker Arches.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=tesco+spital+hill+sheffield+plans&um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=hPVux1PHOomCfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D310554%26page%3D7&docid=CmRf1zVXIRlA_M&imgurl=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/snuppp/tesc2.jpg&w=653&h=350&ei=31mwTu6OJdGs8QPZiKnQAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=730&vpy=399&dur=430&hovh=122&hovw=227&tx=142&ty=63&sig=115226694594863482431&page=3&tbnh=91&tbnw=169&start=36&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:36

And this was another design

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=tesco+spital+hill+sheffield+plans&um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=2JPLwzRfrA2KAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/2009/april-2009-issue/tesco-plans/&docid=iqUl7MUa9UieGM&imgurl=http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/archives/2009/april-2009-issue/tesco-plans/tesco-s-development-spital-hill-savile-street.jpg&w=542&h=287&ei=31mwTu6OJdGs8QPZiKnQAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=336&sig=115226694594863482431&page=1&tbnh=101&tbnw=191&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=110&ty=21

What happened to the rest of the buildings? I guess they were the bits they decided they could no longer afford to build after getting planning permission on the basis of providing buildings for other local business. Guess times are hard, they only made 1.9BILLION in the first 26weeks of the year. That grand they boasted about giving to St Lukes hospice must have really hurt.

There is more to life than this johno, really, there is.

Try telling that to the drones who get dressed up to the nines & go to Meadowhall for a 'day out'.

Try telling that to the drones who get dressed up to the nines & go to Meadowhall for a 'day out'.

haha! oh i see these people...

we called in and did anyone notice, on the top mezzanine floor you can feel the floor bounce and move? just by the video game section. im no structural engineer but surely that needs bracing.

Went today as it's much closer than going to Chesterfield. What a waste of time, very disappointed. The store itself was no where near as big as we expected, the shelves were very poorly stocked with many basic essentials and offers sold out ( surely you would think they would pull it all the stops to make sure a new store was well stocked, in fact I finished my shopping asset my local Tesco express which had all my requirements lol ) and the staff, well, where do I start. The ones I encountered only spoke poor English. In fact when I was telling my checkout operator that some of the prices were coming up wrong, he just smiled and continued scanning as though he had no idea what I was on about.

I was given incorrect advice in homewares about some Tesco cookware vouchers I had collected and again the answer was given in very poor, broken English.

Terrible experience, one I won't repeat, but the petrol station may come in handy, at least lol.

we called in and did anyone notice, on the top mezzanine floor you can feel the floor bounce and move? just by the video game section. im no structural engineer but surely that needs bracing.

Its normal it has to be able to expand and contract. Its a new building sorta has to settle

haha! oh i see these people...

Not many things on SF make me laugh, but this did.:hihi:

As for the new Tesco, I pass it every workday and have seen it being built from day one. I am not too sure if it will pass the test of time, although it is great news for the locals who have been deprived of a large, competitive supermarket for as far I can remember and I have connections with the area since the late '70's.

Does anyone know if the new Tesco on spital hill sells super unleaded.

I know from past experience that some Tesco's only sell regular unleaded.

Thanks in advance

Me and my partner went to this store today to see what it was like, Yes it is a big store and you can buy a lot of things under one roof.

But the cafe area must have lost money today with how much cold food was returned, i waited over 25 min to be served to pay, i had to ask to change my hot food wile waiting to pay has it went cold, and they was only 5 people in front of me wanting to pay,many others behind me also asking to change cold food back to hot food, a group of lads had the best idea to sit down then pay after, if it was not for these group of lads keeping us laughing about it i think ww3 would have started with some of the people going of at the staff .

The woman on the till had no idea how to use the till at all. By the time i got to the till the woman over priced me twice has much has it should have been, then she had to start again, i had to wait for another hot drink because the one waiting for me at the till was cold, i was told to sit down they bring it to us, once we got our hot drinks it was the wrong drink order.

I saw wile shopping, a lady getting very angry has she had been waiting over 15min for one of the store helpers to bring her item that she was promised that was not on the shelf and she was having a go at another store worker that did not understand this lady at all, so the lady just left her trolley in the aisle and walked out. Some teething problems i see with the staff not knowing what to do,but apart from that is it not a bad store with what you can buy.

im starting to think im glad for not geting a job there :hihi:

mind you to be honest though i feel sorry for the staff they will have been thrown in at the deep end bless em theres bound to be teething problems with stock issues with no sales history to go on for the first few days there bound to run out of things once there systems update after a while it shoudnt be as bad

im going to wait a few week before i go when it all calms down