The BNP Megathread Part 4- All BNP discussion in here please

I think assault can include verbal assault these days - there doesn't appear to be a non - biased account of the incident that I can find - all things I've googled are from the BNP or sympathisers or anti - BNP sites. Pro BNP websites appear to be saying that the victim suffered no physical injuries - doesn't mean they weren't pushed about a fair bit and threatened.

I'd still think that anybody convicted of racially aggravated assault wouldn't have an earthly with a libel action for being called a thug.

Not sure about the need for a 'rocket launcher ' in any circumstances but NBC suits are very common in the building trade and among youngsters there very cheap ( about a fiver ) in most army surplus wharehouses .

Can you honestly, honestly say, that if a Muslim was found with such an arsenal, that you wouldn't bat an eyelid?

How many people on this board have been accused of being apologists for terrorists (including myself)? Then look at how many are protecting this guy. Like he has his stocks of weapons for entertainment value?

I think assault can include verbal assault these days - there doesn't appear to be a non - biased account of the incident that I can find - all things I've googled are from the BNP or sympathisers or anti - BNP sites.

I'd still think that anybody convicted of racially aggravated assault wouldn't have an earthly with a libel action for being called a thug.

Thats why I asked really, the source sites weren't exactly helpful, he was either a saint made into a political prisoner (pro BNP sites) or various unpleasant things on the anti BNP sites. I'm just wondering as the one middle of the road account I could find still used the word attack, he got 18 months in jail too. But angle20 doesn't seem to think any violence was used, 18 months for a non violent attack seems very extreme?

The BNP state that "no-one was injured".

I think it perfectly possible to push some - one about, jostle them, threaten them without causing injury. It is still assault though - and behaviour that would be thuggish to a lot of reasonable minded people.

I think racially aggravated assault probably carries a higher tarrif than "common or garden" assault.

Halibut,

If you're suggesting we're hosting material that is in breach of relevant English Law, please report the threads.

Otherwise, stop libeling SF, please.

Joe, apologies; it certainly wasn't my intention to suggest that SF has been hosting such material, rather that we are aware of a poster who has posted grossly offensive material elsewhere. For the most part I think SF does a pretty good job of weeding out the most revolting posts.

So there's no problem with prison overcrowding then?

Can you substantiate the use of the word of the "thug" - my dictionary definition of this is "violent criminal" - you might be guilty of libel if not. My understanding is that no physical force was used in the incident.

I was feeling a bit down this morning and you have brightened up my day! The idea of a convicted BNP thug who is currently serving a well deserved long prison sentence for a serious assault being libelled has really tickled me. Next thing you know, I won't be able to call Archer a liar. Isn't there a single person at the BNP who can see that someone convicted by a jury and sent to prison for that long must be a nasty piece of work? Perhaps he was a model citizen, without any previous convictions, up to the point where he was stitched up by a global jewish conspiracy? Why are the BNP so happy to celebrate this thug while condeming another member who hasn't been convicted yet.

The idea of a convicted BNP thug who is currently serving a well deserved long prison sentence for a serious assault being libelled has really tickled me. Why are the BNP so happy to celebrate this thug while condeming another member who hasn't been convicted yet.

Could it be because they're really dim, lack any kind of stable moral base to work from and are basing a 'political' movement on fear, paranoia, arrogance and hatred?

I was feeling a bit down this morning and you have brightened up my day! The idea of a convicted BNP thug who is currently serving a well deserved long prison sentence for a serious assault being libelled has really tickled me. Next thing you know, I won't be able to call Archer a liar. Isn't there a single person at the BNP who can see that someone convicted by a jury and sent to prison for that long must be a nasty piece of work? Perhaps he was a model citizen, without any previous convictions, up to the point where he was stitched up by a global jewish conspiracy? Why are the BNP so happy to celebrate this thug while condeming another member who hasn't been convicted yet.

Excellent points Ken. I would like to see Angel20 (try to) answer this.

Could it be because they're really dim, lack any kind of stable moral base to work from and are basing a 'political' movement on fear, paranoia, arrogance and hatred?

:bigsmile:

Just so that you can see how the ultra right wing think as regards the convicted and inprisoned thug Kevin Hughes who is their "political prisoner", here is a quote from one of their web sites:

In fact Kevin is a big man, 6 foot 2, well built and very fit. If he had hit the Iraqi the man would likely have been hospitalised.

Does that sound like they condem violence?

I've spent all my working life around building sites and I can't ever remember seeing a brickie in a chemical warfare protection suit. :huh:

I'm sure that there are a few uses for a tight fitting rubber body suit but I don't think that they would hold well with the BNP's ideas about the importance of family values.

On the other hand, (and this is just a theory mind) perhaps he was making his own rocket launchers to propel home made explosives at targets whilst protecting himself form harm? At times it is impossible to defend the indefensible, and this gentlemen has been caught red handed in the act of perpetrating the very acts that his party of choice uses as a rallying call call to enrage its faithful. I trust that the BNP leaders will condemn him and his acts and carry out a thorough investigation of its ranks to root out and report to the Police any members with similar predispositions?

First of all he is innocent until proven guilty,so before making ill informed comments it might be better to wait until he has been convicted.;)