The BNP Megathread Part 4- All BNP discussion in here please

No it hasn't lapsed. BNP membership runs until the end of the year. He stood as a candidate this year so it is fair to assume that he is still a member (unless he resigned) or he stood as a bnp candidate without being a member of the party. The party are not very forthcoming with infomation on this.

Either way, I'm not changing it or asking for it to be changed - the title refers to the news story, not whatever assumptions people have made in regards to it. If people want to assume that he's still a member, or that he still harbours nationalistic views, then that's up to them, and is all well and good, but I'm not giving the likes of Roy James an easy chance to chip away at the credibility of the story.

I do wonder if this would have been mentioned at all on here if the man in question had been in the Labour or Green Party

Given that the Labour and Green party aren't seperatists who paint an unflattering picture of Muslims as terrorists, I doubt there would be the same reaction. I'm sure it would have been posted, though.

I wonder where all the people are who are normally falling over themselves calling for the beheading and castration of all terrorists?

They are on a wicker man making course in Derbyshire.

Rocket launchers as well as a hoard of chemicals the size of which has never been seen before!?

And this guy stood forward as a wannabe BNP candidate?!

Did he leave the BNP of his own accord or was he pushed out for being too nutterish, or is he currently a member?

According to the 2nd story linked to:

"However it is understood his membership had lapsed"

So basically he didn't renew his membership (which I expect as with other parties needs to be renewed annually), forgetting to renew your membership is rather different from leaving or being expelled.

I do wonder if this would have been mentioned at all on here if the man in question had been in the Labour or Green Party

If an candidate for any party was found to have in his house:

"the largest amount of chemical explosives of its type ever found in the country"

It would make the news and most likely end up being posted on here.