The BNP Megathread Part 4- All BNP discussion in here please

On the BNP terrorist story

My understanding is that two members of the BNP have been arrested, Robert Cottage and David Jackson. During the raid, the police took possession of chemical explosives, rocket launcher, NBC suits and a large quantity of BNP literature.

This from the aptly titled: 'White Terrorists Don't Make The News'

http://www.blink.org.uk/pdescription.asp?key=12850&grp=66&cat=330

This from the aptly titled: 'White Terrorists Don't Make The News'

I am finding this all very confusing. The BNP keep telling us that the establishment, the legal system, the government and the media are against them, and yet this isn't being made into a huge nationl story. I can't help thinking that members of the international jewish conspiracy should be plastering this all over the news by now. I am getting a bit lost, is it the Islamic extremists or the right wing extremists who are persecuted most?

I think there's quite a bit of evidence that under our judicial system there's a fairly tangential relationship between the seriousness of an offence and the severity of the punishment.

I'd be very interested to see you post evidence of this -

How about posting details of all BNP members commited of criminal activity - their offence - and the length of their sentence. Comparitive evidence of of other people committing the same offence and their length of sentence.

Maybe then we can form an objective opinion.

I'd be very interested to see you post evidence of this -

How about posting details of all BNP members commited of criminal activity - their offence - and the length of their sentence. Comparitive evidence of of other people committing the same offence and their length of sentence.

Maybe then we can form an objective opinion.

Case 1:

Muslim Asian thug attacks 54 year old Edinburgh resident. The thug landed a kung-fu kick on a 54-year old cancer sufferer's face. Carol Marr received the blow as she tried protesting to kickboxer Talha Tariq and his brothers after he hit her with a snowball.

She was also called a "white bitch" by the 19-year-old student during the racially motivated fracas in Edinburgh. Tariq claimed self defence.

Edinburgh Sheriff Roderick McLeod yesterday (5th) told him: "I cannot condone such a nasty attack on a middle aged woman, not in good health."

He ordered Tariq to pay £600 in fines and compensation.

Case 2:

BNP member and Worcester Organiser Kevin Hughes accused of racially motivated assault on a bogus Iraqi asylum seeker. No evidence, no injuries, no doctor’s reports, no eye-witnesses, no previous record.

Verdict – guilty. Punishment - 18 months imprisonment (reduced to 12 on appeal) for the racially motivated element and 12 months for the alleged assault.

Case 3:-

BNP councillor Brian Turner was found guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence. He escaped a jail sentence and was instead ordered to carry out 300 hours of unpaid work in the community. Turner has previous convictions of common assault and police assault after he was convicted of beating up his wife Melanie Turner.

Brian Turner (Burnley). Was convicted of attacking his wife and a police officer whilst a councillor yet the BNP refused to disown him. In fact they even defended him by issuing a statement saying: “we are not in the business of persecuting our members because the state considers someone guilty.”

Case 4:

BNP man guilty of racism against unknown victim

A MEMBER of the British National Party was convicted yesterday (September 20, 2006) of racially abusing an Asian woman, although the victim has never been traced and the exact words that he used could not be heard by the only witness.

He was fined £200 and ordered to pay £200 costs.

She (The witness) added: “But I could not swear to the words I did hear.”

There you go, you missed out Kenh BTW :)

BNP man guilty of racism against unknown victim

http://www.timesonline.co.uk

Thanks for that...I believe he should of got off to be quite honest...not that I don't believe he hurled racist abuse at someone and in normal circumstances should have been convicted...but I think the police compromised their case by giving the woman the award - with the proviso that the award was known to the magistrates prior to reaching their verdict as this could have influenced their assesment of the credibility of the witness.

BTW I agree that KenH should also provide independent verification.