Blackburn V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

Three points is all that matters…regardless of how you’ve played or who you’ve played…let’s hope the Championship table looks just like it does today after the Sunderland game….

& Well done Danny Rohl …remarkable turnaround in fortunes since he arrived….

5 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why didn’t you stick to prediction number one, Padders?

Well Jim,

I knew they'd win by 2 goals...

Anyway I've been to my daughters for Sunday dinner, so I set of at 12-30 (Kick of time) so I could listen on the car radio.

Blimey, I'd only gone a couple of miles, when Wednesday scored.

Chucked mi arms in the air, and screamed YESSSS!!! at the dashboard, the car swerved, and I nearly demolished a Lamp-Post.

When I got to mi daughters the score was 1-1. 

So thought I'd leave it at that till I got home..

Got home at 6pm. And I daren't look for the final score.

I did manage to catch the penalty shoot-out in the semi-final so that took mi mind of things for a bit.

Next job was to put the washing away which I'd done early on..

At this point I'm a seriously nervous wreck..

It's got to be done, it's no good I've got to do it!

So on goes the Tele-Text.

I cover half the screen with one hand and see how many Blackburn have scored..

1 goal I espy, well at least we haven't lost. but have the Owls managed another goal?

I slowly move my trembling hand sideways to the right..

Then, YIPPEE! we've done it!

I could feel the tension leaving my body, and being replaced by euphoria.

Bluddy daft in-it.. Bill Shankly was right.

Now I can't stop looking at the league table, after a season being in the bottom two their now out of the relegation zone, I'm sure I must be dreamin.

Ah well only another two games to stomach..

Football I hate it.........

• Like 1

16 hours ago, owl.66 said:

Well up & at um , setting off very soon my mate has booked a car parking space on someone's drive using an app,then off to The Postal Order ,weatherspoons  for a little lubrication & maybe a bit of brekky. 

Hope you enjoyed your day Mr. Owl.

You and your compatriots deserved that today.

The great escape is well and truly on now..

Well done Wednesday.

• Like 1

Fab day out in Blackburn for me and my offspring, shame Ive given up booze or Id be having a couple tonight and raising a glass to ainsley pears the rovers keeper 🤣.

A blistering start from Wednesday aided by pears early error, racing halfway up the pitch to head a clearance that windass lofted over his head from 30 yards into the net. But with Owls fans still celebrating a defensive clearance caught Famewo flat footed and Smodicz raced clear to beat Beadle at his near post and pour cold water allover the early joy, Blackburn grew in stature and seemed to win all the 2nd balls but couldnt force a 2nd goal and we were gratefull to be level at the break.

But it was a different looking Owls that started the 2nd period on the front foot and forced the home side to defend, Vaulks worked tirelessly and it was his interception that sent Musaba, with his 1st meaningfull contribution, away down the right, his low cross into the box tucked home at the back stick infront of a packed away end by Johnson whod had a torrid first half, on the hour mark and 6 minutes later pears made his 2nd  comedy gaff of the day, a back pass saw him miss control with his feet, and the ball spun away from him and the turnaround was complete. Pears made amends with a superb stop from Vaulks freekick the looked to be heading into the top corner. Rovers skied a decent chance near the end but, were well beaten as George Byers celebrated among the masses of visiting Owls in the darwen end.

35 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Fab day out in Blackburn for me and my offspring, shame Ive given up booze or Id be having a couple tonight and raising a glass to ainsley pears the rovers keeper 🤣.

A blistering start from Wednesday aided by pears early error, racing halfway up the pitch to head a clearance that windass lofted over his head from 30 yards into the net. But with Owls fans still celebrating a defensive clearance caught Famewo flat footed and Smodicz raced clear to beat Beadle at his near post and pour cold water allover the early joy, Blackburn grew in stature and seemed to win all the 2nd balls but couldnt force a 2nd goal and we were gratefull to be level at the break.

But it was a different looking Owls that started the 2nd period on the front foot and forced the home side to defend, Vaulks worked tirelessly and it was his interception that sent Musaba, with his 1st meaningfull contribution, away down the right, his low cross into the box tucked home at the back stick infront of a packed away end by Johnson whod had a torrid first half, on the hour mark and 6 minutes later pears made his 2nd  comedy gaff of the day, a back pass saw him miss control with his feet, and the ball spun away from him and the turnaround was complete. Pears made amends with a superb stop from Vaulks freekick the looked to be heading into the top corner. Rovers skied a decent chance near the end but, were well beaten as George Byers celebrated among the masses of visiting Owls in the darwen end.

Good post Mr. Noodle.

That gaff by the Blackburn goalkeeper was pure comedy.

I'm sure it will be shown many times.

These things happen, funny old game...

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Good post Mr. Noodle.

That gaff by the Blackburn goalkeeper was pure comedy.

I'm sure it will be shown many times.

These things happen, funny old game...

Didn’t something like this happen at Hillsbrough for us against Blackburn when Shearer nipped in to score after the ball popped over Pressmans foot.

• Like 1