Blackburn V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

10 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I think it's win or bust.

Let's face it, let's be honest. We were burst today by Stoke.

Down we go..........

Not quite, but the fat lady is gargling.

• Haha 1

I must be missing something here. I'll admit I don't pay much attention to your situation  ( got troubles of my own ) but a few weeks ago I saw the table and thought you'd survive.

Having just read your comments on here I took another look and still think the same.

You've got five games left,  fifteen points to play for and you're only two points ( taking goal difference into consideration ) away from safety.

What am I missing? Unless there's something I'm completely unaware of - always a possibility - we'll be having derby games next season.

I know us Sheffielders like to look on the ' glass half empty ' side of things but I think you're overdoing it at the moment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

I must be missing something here. I'll admit I don't pay much attention to your situation  ( got troubles of my own ) but a few weeks ago I saw the table and thought you'd survive.

Having just read your comments on here I took another look and still think the same.

You've got five games left,  fifteen points to play for and you're only two points ( taking goal difference into consideration ) away from safety.

What am I missing? Unless there's something I'm completely unaware of - always a possibility - we'll be having derby games next season.

I know us Sheffielders like to look on the ' glass half empty ' side of things but I think you're overdoing it at the moment.

3 games left, not 5.

56 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I wish there was 5 games. We need to win at least 2 of them and hope for the best. I think we only have 1 win left in us now and it seems whatever we do the majority of teams down there equal it. 

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

3 games left, not 5.

Maths not my strongest point 🙄, got confused between 38 and 46.  Still, nine points to play for and those clubs down there with you are down there because they're also struggling. 

I'm not a gambler but I've just had a look at your odds of survival. Apparently the bookies are offering 8/11.

Have to say I was confused at this point, but after a bit of investigation it seems to mean that you'd get back £7.27 plus your £10 pound bet if you win.

In other words you're risking more money than the bookie is on the gamble. The bookies obviously think that there's every chance you'll survive and they are right more times than they're wrong.

Which is why I thing gambling is a mugs game and don't do it apart from the occasional Lottery ticket.

See you next season 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Maths not my strongest point 🙄, got confused between 38 and 46.  Still, nine points to play for and those clubs down there with you are down there because they're also struggling. 

I'm not a gambler but I've just had a look at your odds of survival. Apparently the bookies are offering 8/11.

Have to say I was confused at this point, but after a bit of investigation it seems to mean that you'd get back £7.27 plus your £10 pound bet if you win.

In other words you're risking more money than the bookie is on the gamble. The bookies obviously think that there's every chance you'll survive and they are right more times than they're wrong.

Which is why I thing gambling is a mugs game and don't do it apart from the occasional Lottery ticket.

See you next season 😉

2/9 to be relegated Mr. W.

And as you say "The bookies are right more times that their wrong"