Spend £200,000

The Government and local councils are broke, if the Government brought in a small tax that was giving to local leaders to spend in their locality, what would you spend it on.

You could give it to the local council to spend, how about employing a gardener to brighten up your local area, although that is a lot of money for flowers/trees.

You could spending on fixing pot holes, but I guess relaying a whole road would be too costly.

Perhaps give it to a local school, keep open that care home that is under threat of closure?

These are some of the choices that parish councils have to make, perhaps you have one, are you happy with what they spend it on?

Keeping the streets clean, free beer for everyone, beans or Easter eggs for the food bank, save your High Street bank, make parking or bus travel free; what is your choice?

With £200,000 you could employ 2 police officers or 4 PCSOs

Have you been to your local area committee in Sheffield?

They are open to the public and regularly have pots of funding to spend in the community (sometimes not huge amounts, but can be from time-to-time), which are open for attendeees to either apply for or vote on.

It's actually a really good system and works well. Lots of community groups and charities apply for it and do some great stuff in their local area.

• Like 1

I think the  British Spring Clean event is still running 

Local librarys have gloves, litter pickers and bags to hand out to volunteers 

Get folk engaged give em a tea and bit of cake as a thank you 

Seeing people show a bit of care might enfuse others to " do a bit"

• Like 3

I would not trust the local councils to spend any extra money. They waste enough money already.

• Like 3

£200,000 probably wouldn't go that far, but I'd like to see it spent on tidying up the streets a bit. Graffiti removal, cutting back grass verges and replacing crumbling concrete etc. I often walk down Little London Road and think what an eyesore this looks.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 155554.png

our local south LAC helped fund our festival , but they demanded a plan to make it selfsufficent and worked with us,so for a small grant we are now back on at lowedges,but what ever you want i liked the idea that they checked out our plan ,not just a gift and come back next year,they were determind no plan no money and i agree with that, like this mess could be sorted ,but get volunteers to help as well,that way you get better value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Axe said:

I would not trust the local councils to spend any extra money. They waste enough money already.

They’re waiting for Bob-a-Job Week to come round.

6 hours ago, Axe said:

Then the local MP could employ someone directly?

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

With £200,000 you could employ 2 police officers or 4 PCSOs

Yes. But it would only pay for the first year and a bit though....

On 30/03/2024 at 10:22, El Cid said:

The Government and local councils are broke, if the Government brought in a small tax that was giving to local leaders to spend in their locality, what would you spend it on.

You could give it to the local council to spend, how about employing a gardener to brighten up your local area, although that is a lot of money for flowers/trees.

You could spending on fixing pot holes, but I guess relaying a whole road would be too costly.

Perhaps give it to a local school, keep open that care home that is under threat of closure?

These are some of the choices that parish councils have to make, perhaps you have one, are you happy with what they spend it on?

Keeping the streets clean, free beer for everyone, beans or Easter eggs for the food bank, save your High Street bank, make parking or bus travel free; what is your choice?

Any spare cash in the system should be used to reduce rates and council tax.

13 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Yes. But it would only pay for the first year and a bit though....

If its parish council funds, then it will be £200,000 per year, £200,000 per year would be a large parish council some get a lot less.

The actual amount paid on top of the local council tax could be as little as £25 each