Crypto Currency

Just watched a article on line where Jeremy Clarkson states he is making thousands a week on a site investor called immediate edge , Its a crypto currency type investment that claims you cannot fail to make lots of money .Have you been tempted , ????

22 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Just watched a article on line where Jeremy Clarkson states he is making thousands a week on a site investor called immediate edge , Its a crypto currency type investment that claims you cannot fail to make lots of money .Have you been tempted , ????

If something seems too good to be true and all that 

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

If I send you my sort code and account number will you pay your life savings into it?

Mug.

I think more serious crypto enthusiasts would be put off any crypto project that had to rely on celeb endorsement for promotion. More important, would be things like, what’s the history and reputation of the dev team, what problem is it solving, funding it has, etc etc.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

And yet I believe the Conservatives are thinking of introducing a national crypto currency. Won't that act like an endorsement of crypto currencies?

Sounds like a central bank backed crypto?

Which kinda goes against the whole decentralised ethos of crypto, that no centralised governing body can control and manipulate it; which is part of what makes crypto attractive to some.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/research/digital-currencies

Edited by Waldo