South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

You obviously know very little about it apart from what you read on a generic government careers website. Train Managers, Revenue Protection Officers, Travel Safe Officers, Crew Leaders, all require skills and qualifications as well as being able to manage high pressure situations.

Those are, at best, supervisory roles not senior and don't require any extra qualifications, may a little extra in-job training but no external qualification.

In my previous job role I was a department leader of 200+ employees. It was not a senior role. I got there by simply being good at my job and being promoted because I showed an excellant aptitude. Were there extra processes and knowledge to learn, sure. Not qualifications though. 

20 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

so you were well aware what it entailed when you joined but then found it was not to your taste? 

BTW you did not answer the question as to what grade you were as a train manager.

Not a state secret is it? Or you would rather not say.  just saves me giving one of the HR departments a ring to ask 

I doubt you'll find out. Cleaners tend to be contractors rather than directly employed...

21 hours ago, LovePotion said:

The role requires qualifications such as GCSEs and additional training that is similar to a diploma, an intensive training course. It is definitely not an unskilled job where anyone who can show up on time can do it.

This is the criteria for the APPRENTICESHIP Train Manager with LNER, not it requires the candidate to complete further education (an apprenticeship).

"

To be a great LNER Train Manager you should:

• Be a customer experience professional – you'll be highly motivated, organised and have a genuine passion for working with customers, ensuring that they receive the best possible service whilst on board our services.
  • Have outstanding leadership and coaching skills – you'll be confident in assigning roles and responsibilities amongst the team.
  • Possess the ability to build relationships and inspire colleagues to provide exceptional customer experience (even in the most difficult of circumstances).
  • Have existing knowledge of ticketing and routes so you can help our customers with any questions they may have.
  • Understand revenue and cost targets in order to help drive our commercial performance on board and be able to comply with policies and procedures.
  • You'll be qualified in CIEH Level 2 Food Hygiene or equivalent.
  • Due to the sale alcohol, you will need to be aged 18 or over to apply. "

Note that Food Hygeine CIEH qualifications are also required as driving commercial performance to meet revenue targets. Does it still sound like an un-senior role to you?

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=471da48990580463&from=serp

Yes, if you are using the CIEH Level 2 as an example of the requirement of  a "senior" role then by using the same site you cited the following jobs are "senior" roles.

Kitchen Assistant https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=e9875ed806cdaaf6&tk=1gc962ncpg3mc801&from=serp&vjs=3

Waiter - https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=9baa8e4ddc6bb053&tk=1gc95vuhjgpcr803&from=serp&vjs=3

and that very senior role of Food slicer and packer in a warehouse - https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=f88bd7080155cefc&tk=1gc968pbejrhe800&from=serp&vjs=3

41 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

You obviously know very little about it apart from what you read on a generic government careers website. Train Managers, Revenue Protection Officers, Travel Safe Officers, Crew Leaders, all require skills and qualifications as well as being able to manage high pressure situations.

Actually you are wrong I may not be 100% with what a train manager grade is as I am not up to date with railway grades but I know without shadow of doubt this is not a senior management role in the terms that any normal person would understand. Most people would not refer someone in the rail industry who was on any of the MS grades as a senior manager that term would be applied to those on EG grades and director level. How do I know this because when I worked for the railway I was employed on one of the EG grades and therefore speak with knowledge. What surprises me (well it doesn't really) is that you are not once again providing factual evidence of the grade for Train managers

It would appear every time you open your mouth you dig a bigger hole as pointed out by Resident and Sheffbag who accurately point out that you are confusing supervisory roles with management roles let alone "senior" management ones

Keep digging

3 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I am going to telephone HR to confirm this, I am sure they will breach GDPR to confirm to me that someone on an annonymous forum worked for them years ago. 🤣

Anyone who has worked on the railway knows that TMs work Mainline and SCs work Locals. That is the difference.

Will always be a binmam to me, same with postman, fireman, policeman, spokesman.

wake up girl how on earth do you think you could get any information from HR without know full name, years of employment and where that person worked as I said time to stop digging and escape with some dignity

I don't think I or anyone else has mentioned where they think TMs and Senior conductors work but but the role of senior conductor goes back to late 80s or very early 90s when they were introduced on InterCity as part of an attempt to improve the on board experience on InterCity trains

10 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Exactly. Yet you said you were going to call my former employer to find out what grade I was then you went quiet because you knew that you had said something silly.

Alas, I was not alive in the late 80s/early90s. I wasn't even a carrot growing in the ground for nutrients to make my father's sperm. I was a mere un-fertalized egg.

thats like you when your posts get called out for been factually incorrect but hey ho, im off to tell a female refuse collector that they are a binman now

22 hours ago, LovePotion said:

The role requires qualifications such as GCSEs and additional training that is similar to a diploma, an intensive training course. It is definitely not an unskilled job where anyone who can show up on time can do it.

This is the criteria for the APPRENTICESHIP Train Manager with LNER, not it requires the candidate to complete further education (an apprenticeship).

"

To be a great LNER Train Manager you should:

• Be a customer experience professional – you'll be highly motivated, organised and have a genuine passion for working with customers, ensuring that they receive the best possible service whilst on board our services.
  • Have outstanding leadership and coaching skills – you'll be confident in assigning roles and responsibilities amongst the team.
  • Possess the ability to build relationships and inspire colleagues to provide exceptional customer experience (even in the most difficult of circumstances).
  • Have existing knowledge of ticketing and routes so you can help our customers with any questions they may have.
  • Understand revenue and cost targets in order to help drive our commercial performance on board and be able to comply with policies and procedures.
  • You'll be qualified in CIEH Level 2 Food Hygiene or equivalent.
  • Due to the sale alcohol, you will need to be aged 18 or over to apply. "

Note that Food Hygeine CIEH qualifications are also required as driving commercial performance to meet revenue targets. Does it still sound like an un-senior role to you?

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=471da48990580463&from=serp

just noticed that LNER HR are not all that good then - "due to the sale alcohol"........

17 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Exactly. Yet you said you were going to call my former employer to find out what grade I was then you went quiet because you knew that you had said something silly.

Alas, I was not alive in the late 80s/early90s. I wasn't even a carrot growing in the ground for nutrients to make my father's sperm. I was a mere un-fertalized egg.

To quote one of your favourite phrases. "Where did he say that"

"

BTW you did not answer the question as to what grade you were as a train manager.

Not a state secret is it? Or you would rather not say.  just saves me giving one of the HR departments a ring to ask "

Thats what was put. It was a question regarding the grade as you were inferring in your posts that you had experience as a Train manager given that you were giving it as an example of a "Senior" role (which it isnt). Not your personal grade, but the positions grade

29 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I was going to ring what and find out what grade a TM is not what grade you were on based on the assumption from what you have told us that was what you did  and that is readily available info which is completely different you are getting more and more ridiculous and as i advised before now might be the time to stop digging