South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

7 minutes ago, Meltman said:

How on earth do you know this?

To quote Wikipedia..."an egg and spoon race is where participants balance an egg or similar shaped object on a spoon and race to a finish line ".

Just so you know my grandchildren did this on sports day before breaking up for the school summer holidays. Just thought I'd correct the statement. 

She knows everything, dont you know? 27 years old yet knows egg and spoon races havent been performed for "decades and decades".

4 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

Anyone got any idea about what is happening to bus services in Sheffield?

Just wondering if I should start a new thread on the subject

This is the latest info on funding as far as I know

https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/news/article/ca766993-3e44-4b16-a04a-96485e8b838e?fbclid=IwAR2TkH3ezULhXU0ci1DAn7-bzLx_lMnzi-BDvoqyUQxy_3LF8vdV_SAZx64

8 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I never once saw an egg and spoon race. 

So because you personally never saw an egg and spoon race in A single school at any given time over a decade ago (I mean, they arent really the preserve of secondary schools anyway, as you well know), that leads to the statement "None of the schools around here have done egg and spoon races for decades and decades".  

Right, ok.

Tell you what, lets make it a more truthful statement.

"Neither of the primary school or the secondary schoool I went to did egg and spoon races"

Edited by HeHasRisen

29 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I never once saw an egg and spoon race. 

why, which school did you go to since you are insistent on asking the question of another poster

30 minutes ago, northernboy said:

that says it all. they need 3 years to do the franchising assessment using contractors to do the study. No wonder the assessment itself has a budget of £5M

4 hours ago, LovePotion said:

None of the schools around here have done egg and spoon races for decades and decades.

34 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I don't answer questions until I get an answer to my question.

https://astonlodgeprimary.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/P.E.pdf

There you go. Aston school in 2020. 

Theres Thrybergh  school

IF you want to be pedantic and say, thats not Sheffield then here is Stannington school enjoying an egg and spoon race https://www.stanningtoninfants.co.uk/year-2-sports-day/

Question answered. So where did you go to school that didn't do an egg and spoon

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

that says it all. they need 3 years to do the franchising assessment using contractors to do the study. No wonder the assessment itself has a budget of £5M

After 3 years, my money is on them quietly letting it drop as most areas have realised that it is not workable (some after spending many many millions trying to implement it).