Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, I said the NHS had come nowhere close to being overwhelmed by covid.

So how does the NHS cope with the additional demand caused by covid when you say;

"normally, the NHS is stretched to it's limits treating more patients than it can handle"

A question to the knowledgeable medical inclined  contributors to this thread.

Nope, a backlog due to the numbers of non-covid patients denied essential treatment during the necessary closure of many wards

Can such circumstances lead to an avalanche of Article 2 Coroner's

Inquests ?

11 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I read that alot of breast cancer screenings were missed as well. Small businesses are disappearing everyday - mine is clinging on by its fingertips, the entire industry is clinging on by its fingertips. I'm not saying it isn't a painful **** show (one that's been horribly mismanaged) but what's the option? Don't say Sweden.

The best option would be a functioning public health system - see many Asian countries that seem to be coping just fine.

For us though its either mass unemployment or large numbers of deaths and long term illnesses. It's become painfully apparent we can't manage this. We could do a lot better if we stopped outsourcing, but we all know that's not going to happen under this government (which we have for at least another 4 years).

I was shopping in the Home Bargain store today & noticed none of the staff were wearing facemasks although they were mixing with customers. I spoke to  one of the customers who wasn't wearing a mask. When I asked her she said she hadn't got one.

We keep hearing about the government fining people for ignoring the anti virus guidelines but how do shops carry on trading & completing ignoring their customers welfare by not having any guidelines  or just simpliy turn a blind eye to the actions of customers who blatantly are putting others health at risk.

If the government or local authorities  were keener with the store managers as a health & safety risk this would soon have a good effect. It would be interesting to read what opinions others have on this  post .  Happy Days! 

Yes I agree but it's not only shops. I went into town on the bus today and at least 4 people had masks on but had them pulled down under their chins. I can't see them point in that. Surely if they're aware of the need to wear a mask at least wear it properly. I worry that a lot of people are becoming very complacent.

21 hours ago, Longcol said:

How many billions have HMG thrown at "Track & Trace" - only to find that their main IT system appears to be an Excel spreadsheet.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/05/ministers-accused-of-putting-lives-at-risk-with-covid-data-error

Can you get any more incompetent?

Seeing as you can buy Excel for between about £60 and £130 I wonder who pocketed the rest of the money from the contract.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

1 hour ago, PopT said:

I was shopping in the Home Bargain store today & noticed none of the staff were wearing facemasks although they were mixing with customers. I spoke to  one of the customers who wasn't wearing a mask. When I asked her she said she hadn't got one.

We keep hearing about the government fining people for ignoring the anti virus guidelines but how do shops carry on trading & completing ignoring their customers welfare by not having any guidelines  or just simpliy turn a blind eye to the actions of customers who blatantly are putting others health at risk.

If the government or local authorities  were keener with the store managers as a health & safety risk this would soon have a good effect. It would be interesting to read what opinions others have on this  post .  Happy Days! 

Report them to the police. I believe they are keen to set some examples.

30 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Report them to the police. I believe they are keen to set some examples.

I think it would be better to have a word with the Store Manager/Manageress,  if your not pleased with the response,  mention your going to report it to their head office or the police.